U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 05:51 AM

3 posts, read 10,574 times

Advertisements

We live in Greenville, SC and have started the process with the VA to get benefits for skin break down and severe degenerative joint disease that is affecting my husband. The VA asked if he had been treated by a Dr. for Agent Orange, but he has not.

Does anyone know of a Dr. close to Greenville, SC that knows about AO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 02:15 AM

24,640 posts, read 24,024,627 times
This organization, Human Ecology Action League, has been involved in uncovering the affects of chemicals on our vets. Heal

You can search their database for articles: Back Issues and Articles (http://www.healnatl.org/artical_index.php - broken link)

They started their work with Gulf War I.

I hope this gives you some information or support.

Toxic Exposures: Pyridostigmine Bromide Part 1 (http://www.healnatl.org/gulfwarpart1.php - broken link)

At a Glance: Chemical Weapons Organophosphate (OP) nerve agents (http://www.healnatl.org/ataglancechemical.php - broken link)

Old 11-14-2010, 05:36 PM

22 posts, read 52,545 times
Default Agent Orange

Hopeing to find someone that has gone through the procedure of applying for benefits from agent orange. My husband is having health problems and he knowes where he was was sprayed with agt. orange.
What are some of your symtoms??

Old 11-21-2010, 02:08 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,113,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacnwgirl View Post
Hopeing to find someone that has gone through the procedure of applying for benefits from agent orange. My husband is having health problems and he knowes where he was was sprayed with agt. orange.
What are some of your symtoms??
I could go into them but the list changes. The best thing I could suggest is having your husband speak with a service rep from the DAV, VFW, or whichever Organization he chooses to be represented by. It is extremely difficult to proceed without their help

Old 11-21-2010, 02:52 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,377,171 times
If he goes to the C&P exam with his medical records, and has been getting his medical care at the VA, he should have no problem with getting at least 70% rating. He also needs his military records, that document that he was exposed to Agent Orange, was he in Vietnam? Most veterans get 100% SC with agent orange exposure, even for things like diabetes, prostrate cancer, alot of toher issues. Should be pretty much a rubber stamp. Because if he has been exposed to Agent Orange, they can't rule out any diseases he has, are not attributed to Agent Orange.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 AM

16,116 posts, read 20,113,627 times
It's not a rubber stamp, there are a lot of intricacies, which is why I suggested using a Service Rep from the Veterans Organization of his choice. These guys get a lot of training on what has to be done

Old 11-22-2010, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,950 times
Default Help with information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETAIRFORCEMAN View Post
I prepared, mixed and sprayed Agent Orange herbicides on Andersen AFB Guam and off base on Air Force Bulk Fuel Storage facilities and cross island pipelines to the NAS BOOSTER PUMP STATION and down to the Air Force underground fuel tanks at the Naval Fuel Supply Depot, US Naval Base Agana Guam
I am in the process of trying to get VA Health Benefits and Disability due to my Diabetes and Heart issues. I was in Panama and Guam during 1968 to 1970 and have been rejected for any disability due to not being in Vietnam. I am working with a VSO to see if we can get my disability etc due to the fact that there was Agent Orange spraying in both Panama and Guam before/during/after my term in either/both countries.

It seems from your posting that you were activiely spraying on Guam. I was stationed in Agana at the WullenWeber Antenna array, and spent most of my time on base, club etc, with many visits to other parts of the island. Also I used to run a truck to Anderson to get supplies which was an average of monthly trips.

If you can reply to me with some info on what you know and did with spraying. Times, dates and from to dates would help me greatly with my case. Any thing I can do for you please let me know.

Regards,

David Padilla
depgroup1@aol.com

Old 12-03-2010, 06:00 PM

22 posts, read 52,545 times
Default Viet Nam Veteran/Agt. Orange

Thank -You so much for your comments, he will be meeting with someone from American Legion Post in LaGrange, Indiana.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:37 PM

2,831 posts, read 4,013,065 times
The American Legion has very good VSOs. The VA has relaxed its rules concerning A/O exposure, it is now accepted that if you were in VN you were exposed. If you have any health issues related to A/O exposure you need to follow up on them, like it has been stated, use a VSO they know all it ins and outs. Good luck

Old 05-20-2011, 10:11 AM

777 posts, read 921,407 times
Default Agent Orange and Camp Carrol Korea

250 barrels of Agent Orange buried at Camp Carrol Korea in 1978..another one of the Army's dirty little secrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or