U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:50 PM

862 posts, read 772,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Hi Kat! I'm glad you started this thread, too! OF COURSE, we military folks (and family members) are SO worldly and learned that we can discuss issues of great importance with civility and respect! I really do wish I had the magic answer, though. As I listen to and read all the different media outlets every day, I find myself going back & forth. I'm currently registered "Democrat" and was of that persuasion most of my earlier life. But I have leaned a lot more towards the "R"s as I've gotten older. I see that hard work really does get you rewards and I really don't want the government to tell me how to run my life or pay for programs that are unecessary or wasteful. But I am both mortified and hopeful about all four candidates (and all for different reasons) I like some of what Ralph Nader has to say. But I truly believe that I'd be throwing away my vote if I cast it for him... What's an old retired G.I. to do?
What to do is vote for the ones least likely to have you grandchildren lining in utter poverty because of the MASSIVE dents incured.
70 % od these trillions upon trillions have been run up by the last 3 Republic presidents.Draw your own conclusions.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:58 PM

5 posts, read 5,776 times
Default Thoughtful of all things

MCCAIN YES PALIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 PM

3,842 posts, read 9,240,900 times
Quote:
What's an old retired G.I. to do?
Just make sure to vote.

And, seriously think, who would you rather have running the country: Palin or Biden?

Old 09-08-2008, 02:07 PM

2,549 posts, read 4,283,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Just make sure to vote.

And, seriously think, who would you rather have running the country: Palin or Biden?
I am so glad I am not the only one looking at the Presidential candidates. In reality and God forbid, there is a chance that something could happen to McCain or Obama while one of them is in office.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:11 PM

862 posts, read 772,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I am so glad I am not the only one looking at the Presidential candidates. In reality and God forbid, there is a chance that something could happen to McCain or Obama while one of them is in office.
More a probality than a chance with his age and numerous health events.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,972,978 times
Quote:
AMEN! Personally, I don't know why the USAF couldn't just buy the USN/USMC F/A-18 and save the taxpayers some SERIOUS money over the F-22 Raptor...
Yeap but those Raptors are nice .

Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 PM

2,034 posts, read 3,529,726 times
met McCain as an enlisted and he an officer~ he didn't care about regs or enlisted! Was gonna ream a guy cause mac couldn't figure out how ta get his IFF ta work in the OFF position. He is also the guy that voted against GI bill and care for wounded enlisteds! Met the guy as officer~senator several times! would go across street ta keep away from the idiot! I'm sure he has no love of the average GI! Obama on the other hand would not start a war unless he was forced! Mark this 20 year vet as a vote for Obama!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 PM

11,987 posts, read 10,680,497 times
I'm enlisted and definitely voting for Obama. I want to see a 180 degree turn from the policies, incompetence and gross negligence of the past eight years. I respect McCain and appreciate his attempts at being a statesman, but his choice of Palin was not "maverik-ish" (to coin a phrase) -- it was ridiculously reckless. If that's the first decision he has made as a would-be president, I don't need to see anymore. I already know what it's like to be lead by someone listening to "his gut". No thanks. I'll take careful thought and judgement this time around.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:35 AM

1,476 posts, read 4,034,862 times
Active duty and will vote for McCain/Palin.

Members of the military need to worry about who getting voted into the Senate and Congress just as much as the President. They are all powerful when it comes to military programs and benefits.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:18 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,344,401 times
The vast majority of the folks I serve with now in the reserve component support a MCain-Palin administration, even the younger first termers. This has pretty much been the way ever since I came in in '79, both during active duty and reserve status. I might also add that this current favor toward the GOP amongst my colleagues is happening in a very "blue" state as well. Not trying to start any debate on which party best serves the interests of troops, just citing an observation since the question came up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues