U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2008, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Texas
5,070 posts, read 8,611,298 times
Reputation: 1627

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
Is his middle name even Hussein (not that it matters)...anyways It just makes you look stupid and ignorant when you say stuff like that, kinda of like you are implying something when you say it that way.

Personally I think both of them are good candidates except I obviusly like Obama more since I am a democrat and don't like McCains views.

Honestly even with this whole economic crisis I still think McCain had a shot except he made some blunders like getting Palin as his running mate. He also is not a great a speaker, well compared to Obama. Plus all he seems to do is attack and attack Obama, while Obama does this too hes speeches are more about sympathizing with peoples problems. Right or wrong this is what some people want to hear, kinda like playing on people emotions,....like you know HUSSEIN Obama

I still can't beleive he kept talking about "joe the plumber" for so long after the media just ripped on the poor guy after finding out the truth behind him.

Also are any of you guys sick and tired of the "joe six pack", "joe the farmer","hockey moms", etc... ****? It's like they think were some stupid morons who listen to this crap and fall for it .

Oh yeah wtf was McCain thinking in choosing Palin?? I guess it was a calculated move that has backfired on him. I thought the first rule of picking a VP mate is that they shouldn't LOSE you votes but help solidify the base you have or bring in new votes. From talking to alot of people and seeing polls all over the place it seems Palin buddy ****ed McCain.
Obama is attacking McCain, McCain is attacking Obama. Move on to something else.

McCain's speeches are from the heart, whereas Obama's are manipulative.

There is nothing wrong with Joe the Plumber. Good grief. The guy asked a question and the media ripped a big one in order to discredit the guy. It could have been you.

From talking to alot of people and seeing polls all over the place it seems Palin buddy ****ed McCain.

What the heck does that mean?

 
Old 10-28-2008, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,602,495 times
Reputation: 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabeebolt View Post
all presidents have some kind of malice in thier past lives, we just didn't have the media harping on all of them, like we do today. But atleast obama put himself through harvard and didn't just barely pass through annapolis as a sub standard pilot like mccain did. Not all of our greatest leaders served in the military, nor were all of them born here iether. And if you look close at all the different pres. Names, you'll find that none of them have true american names. I.e native american names, we are all imports in one way or another. And i sure don't see any of us writing or speaking shawnee, sioux, cherokee or arapaho, so whats in a name but letters.

And sorry but, mccain has every intention in continuing the dirty oil war that bush started. So lets start making more "two legged bullet stoppers" for the war effort.

Oh, and before i forget, palin's hubby is a noted "separatist", but then again i don't blame him for wanting alaska to separate for the us. Especially since his own wife (hockey mommy) wants to remove the alaskan native tongue from the schools. And open all the sacred alaskan hunting grounds and sacred waters to commercial hunting and fishing.

And the only reason mccain wanted her as a running vp, is so that he could get more stay at home narcissistic mommies votes like bush did. Because he was afraid obama was going to roll over him like a freight train with all those non-mind washed free thinking younger voters. Its time to put and end to the "good ole boy club" and these kids today have the key to make it happen, as long as they think for themselves and ignore the tv adds.
amen!!
 
Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,602,495 times
Reputation: 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Sarah's husband is not a "noted separatist." Not that it matters if he were. He went to a convention, once, and that is according to the site of this separatist party (forgot what it's called.) Where do you get this stuff?

McCain want to win the war, whereas Obama wants to jerk'em out. What a waste that would be.

The reason he picked Palin was because she was a kindred spirit and wants to clean up American politics.

McCain did quite well in school in classes he was interested in such as government, English, and history. He did pass classes he was not interested in.
I have no problem if people wanted to vote McCain.I can see why some would.However in his choice of Palin he made a bad decision.This woman just got a "PASSPORT"last year!!She has made no efforts whatsoever to show she has an a good knowledge of international politics.Mccain is 72 years old!! This woman could be President.Their camps are even bickering to the point that its becoming a distraction because they are trying to "MARKET" her to the people other than the religious conservatives who are heavy supporters.He picked someone as an RUNNIN MATE,NOT AS A PERSON THAT WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO COMMAND THE MOST POWERFUL MILITARY IN THE WORLD!!That shows poor judgement.He could have pick KAy Bailey Hutchison(EWHHH) and been right in the thick of it.It was a bad move.

Mccains temperment will also get us in another war.He cannot keep it together.He is not a calm person.This world needs diplomacy at this time not a "MAVERICK".WE are stretched to a limit in the military!!!)10 BILLION dollars a month?People say were giving up?A waste?You mean like Vietnam and Korea?Our country is crumbling people!!Terrorist are loving whats going on right now with our economy.Every American city would be a shining example of America's dominance if we spent that money in our infrastruture,schools,roads,healthcare,environment ,but as soon as somebody says to do that,it becomes "socialist propaganda".PHWEY!!HELLO PEOPLE WAKE UP!!The socialist are winning.European schools,cities,and healthcare currently are fairing better.Its not because socialism is better or works better.Its because those countries have and are tweeking their systems to include more capitalist reforms while retaining their core beliefs.America has got to move to what will work as well.Things change.Being stubborn and refusing to change win the times require it will be our downfall because we think we are to good.Capititalism is the best system in the world.If it goes unchecked we get exactly whats going on now.A form of HYPER_capitalism on cruise control!!
 
Old 10-28-2008, 09:59 AM
 
470 posts, read 1,016,148 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Obama is attacking McCain, McCain is attacking Obama. Move on to something else.

McCain's speeches are from the heart, whereas Obama's are manipulative.

There is nothing wrong with Joe the Plumber. Good grief. The guy asked a question and the media ripped a big one in order to discredit the guy. It could have been you.

From talking to alot of people and seeing polls all over the place it seems Palin buddy ****ed McCain.

What the heck does that mean?
oh common you would need to have red goggles to see that McCain is more of a pitbull than Obama. Thats cool that you see that McCain as talking from the heart, in fact I never said anything bad about him and I agree his a sincere man (imo both of them are). Again though you would have to be blind and deaf to not notice Obama speaks more eloquently and although I agree that shouldn't matter much (dosn't to me) it does have an effect on people.

I agree there is nothing wrong with Joe the Plumber but the media didn't discredit the guy, Joe the Plumber did. HE was the one who asked the question pertaining to him , it made him look like something he wasn't. HE was the one who stuck his neck out there knowing they would find out stuff like him not being a plumber. And no it would not have happened to me because I would never ask something like that knowing it could come back to haunt me, I would have rephrased it better if I wanted to his point across.

Like I said before Palin choice as his running mate has hurt McCain not only has it turned some voters away from him but in stretches of this campaign she has gotten more publicity than him for all the wrong reasons. When not screwing up in a debate is "winning" then you know something is wrong with her. So yes in a way if McCain dosnt win (looking more likely) Palin played a part in ****ing it up for him.
 
Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,602,495 times
Reputation: 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
So since we've had Presidents that were poor representatives of the office we should disregard Hussein's pitfalls, WRONG! The President of the US is the world leader and he or she should be as close to perfect as possible. Kennedy, Clinton and Nixon acted shamefully and I do not agree with their actions. Plus, I did not vote for them...probably because I was too young. Again, you have wow'd me with your stance on issues. This will be my last post because you are not making sense.
My point is as long as nothing illegal is going on,this other stuff is stupid to harp on.Obama is not a terrorist,it does not matter if he were Muslim or not(many muslim soldiers are dying for America),Who he pal-n-around with(which hes not)is not going to make an impact on how well he does his job.This man has been a Senator for already 4 years.He's done his job with no scandals,or malfeasance.
BTW to WOW you means that you have never put enough thought to think outside of what your surroundings tell you versus what common sense tells you ,so thank you for your compliment and anytime you need me im here!!LOL
 
Old 10-28-2008, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,073 posts, read 10,559,849 times
Reputation: 2912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Sarah's husband is not a "noted separatist." Not that it matters if he were. He went to a convention, once, and that is according to the site of this separatist party (forgot what it's called.) Where do you get this stuff?

From your beloved media. And what about her wanting to do wrong too the Native Alaskans?

McCain want to win the war, whereas Obama wants to jerk'em out. What a waste that would be.

A war that we should not be in, Iraq, the dirty oil war. I don't care what Saddam did to his own people. They were stupid enough to allow him to say in power.

The reason he picked Palin was because she was a kindred spirit and wants to clean up American politics.

"Kindred Spirits?" Is that a nother word for "Hockey Mommy". He only did it for the votes, and that all.

McCain did quite well in school in classes he was interested in such as government, English, and history. He did pass classes he was not interested in.
In "Annapolis" his was 4th from the bottom of his class. His fellow pilots even said that his was a loose cannon that would never follow flight plans laid out by the upper command, which made him a danger to his fellow pilots. And thats why he got shot down over Hanoi, being a POW was the only reason he didn't get Court-Martialed for not following the orders of those apointed over him.


Kids Get Out There And Vote For Your Future. And Think For Your Selves For Once.
Or, just join up and go over there and become a two legged bullet stoper for the oil pigs.
 
Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 AM
 
6,351 posts, read 18,585,511 times
Reputation: 9887
This thread started as an intelligent discussion but has degenerated into the same garbage that frequently shows up in the "Politics and Other Controversies" forum. I'm closing this thread and those of you who so desire can take your stuff over there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top