Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,900 times

Advertisements

My daughter is in her 7th week of air force boot camp in san antonio. Last week was suppose to be BEAST week. but the tornados hit them on monday when they went to BEAST and they had to evacuate early tuesday morning. she wrote me on tuesday and said they were suppose to go back out to BEAST on wednesday but if they couldn't does anyone know if they will delay graduation on april 6th or would they switch up weeks to keep it on schedule. my family and i could not afford any additional costs with flying down to tx to see her graduate boot camp and since she is going to tech school for security forces we are afraid she will get deployed after....i am hoping so badly they kept pushing on forward so graduation is not delayed. would anyone know?

Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibson70 View Post
i am hoping so badly they kept pushing on forward so graduation is not delayed. would anyone know?
Hopefully she will know, there is a comprehensive Air Force web site at Air Force Basic Military Training - Questions which contains a lot of useful information for parents. I found this information which might help. I would call to see what they can tell you:

Quote:
Visitors are only permitted during the last week of training on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday ONLY. There's no limit on the number of guests. The following schedule is subject to change during holiday weeks. Contact the BMT Reception Center at (210) 671-3024.
Good luck to you and your daughter!

Rich

Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,608,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibson70 View Post
My daughter is in her 7th week of air force boot camp in san antonio. Last week was suppose to be BEAST week. but the tornados hit them on monday when they went to BEAST and they had to evacuate early tuesday morning. she wrote me on tuesday and said they were suppose to go back out to BEAST on wednesday but if they couldn't does anyone know if they will delay graduation on april 6th or would they switch up weeks to keep it on schedule. my family and i could not afford any additional costs with flying down to tx to see her graduate boot camp and since she is going to tech school for security forces we are afraid she will get deployed after....i am hoping so badly they kept pushing on forward so graduation is not delayed. would anyone know?
More than likely they will graduate on schedule with an abbreviated beast week. This is mainly due to logistics with

a.) TI's are more than likely on a rotating schedule and if they delay the squadron a week then it screws them up.
b.) Recruits coming in are being slotted in their dorms.
c.) Tech school training. The tech schools have classes scheduled loosley based upon the amount of incoming grads from basic.

A one week delay screws everything up.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM

987 posts, read 1,386,267 times
OMG! I went to Amarillo, Texas for my boot camp in 1967 Nov, snow was over my head and the same for Tech School in Chanute, Ill! Anyway, all went well, because my 12 yrs of military experience enabled me to go on into Civil Service doing the same job, but at a higher pay scale and retired at age 49 and moved to the Philippines, my roots and been here ever since and still enjoying the retirement life at age 63 and collecting my (4) four U.S. Government pensions from Civil Service, USAFR, VA Disability and my U.S. Social Security! It's all earned benefits from my 30 yrs of service to the United States of America! It was a long hard road, but all is well that ends well! The sad part is, that all of our military benefits is constantly being cut by the U.S. Government who forgot all the promises they made when I and or we all signed a contract long ago to serve and to defend our country! I just hope I can survive it all and leave something behind for my wife before I pass on in the future!

"Broken Promises"

The Military Retiree swindle story - Version 1.2 - YouTube
Swindle Class Act Lawsuit - YouTube

Last edited by Art2ro; 03-27-2012 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: add You tube video clips

Old 03-28-2012, 02:21 AM

170 posts, read 635,017 times
How long is Basic Training now? It was 6 weeks back when I went

Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Air Force Basic Training is now eight weeks.

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues