Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:12 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,864,952 times

Advertisements

18+ difficult to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlI7tQCqwbU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 04:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
WTF? This is disgusting.
It doesn't matter that the guy was a veteran or not.
He's a citizen and exercising his rights.
The US is more dangerous than the middle east.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:46 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times
I watched it twice. The crowd ( should say mob instead) was told over and over and over to get back on the sidewalk, which they didn't. The police weren't telling them to stop protesting, they were telling them to get back on the sidewalk. Just before you see this vet after being stepped on you see another person being dragged out of the road. How do we know this person didn't just lay down in the road to protest? I'm not saying he did, but people LOVE to turn things around to make it look like the police horse trampled him on purpose.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:28 AM

667 posts, read 2,888,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The US is more dangerous than the middle east.
You have got to be kidding, right????

You do know that in some parts of the middle east a simple protest is a death sentence right?

Old 10-25-2008, 09:31 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,451,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I watched it twice. The crowd ( should say mob instead) was told over and over and over to get back on the sidewalk, which they didn't. The police weren't telling them to stop protesting, they were telling them to get back on the sidewalk. Just before you see this vet after being stepped on you see another person being dragged out of the road. How do we know this person didn't just lay down in the road to protest? I'm not saying he did, but people LOVE to turn things around to make it look like the police horse trampled him on purpose.
I gotta agree with you. I watched it a few times myself.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig'sbird View Post
You have got to be kidding, right????

You do know that in some parts of the middle east a simple protest is a death sentence right?
I work in a military community and most of the people who go over there come back alive.
I should have been more clear.
For a US citizen, in this country (veteran or not), to be trampled by a cop on horseback, is unpardonable.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:37 PM

But to be a citizen in most middle east countries means someone higher then you can quarter you simply because they want to do it.

Honestly, you say that the States is more dangerous but you are basing it the military. Hell, I guess the mass graves of Iraqi citizens that we find is nothing to all of the mass graves of American citizens that are found in the States. Hell, has anyone seen all of our Olympic athletes since the games? I assume that the ones who did not earn gold were executed by the state like the Iraqi swim team was a few years ago. I mean that would then make the States as dangerous as the Middle East.

Hell, if you are a woman based on your username I assume that when you learned to read and write you were afraid of being beaten for learning? That happens in the Middle East. I also assume that you are married from an arranged marriage that was arranged while you were 12 - and married at 13.

So my point - no matter how bad you think the States are, wake up and realize that the American public has it easy. Since you stated you are not military, but in a military community, I think you really need to join up. Do I say this so you can go through the hell some of us are going through? Not at all. I think people should join up so they can get an up close and personal view of some of the most screwed up parts of the world to appreciate what the States have to offer.

Last edited by Zig'sbird; 10-25-2008 at 12:48 PM..

Old 10-25-2008, 03:23 PM

Are you saying that it's okay for a US citizen to be crushed by horses during a peaceful protest?

Old 10-25-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that it's okay for a US citizen to be crushed by horses during a peaceful protest?
Not at all. But it's idiotic to compare the US to the ME and say that it's safer to be over here instead of the States.

And don't worry - no personal attack intended. You've just hit a pet peeve of mine.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times
Quote:
No, what I'm saying is that it's NOT okay for ANYBODY, US citizen, veteran, ANYBODY, to lay down in the road when horses are having a hard time staying under control and the police have told the people over and over and over and over and over, to get back on the sidewalk! I have a name for that. Stupidity. To protest is fine. To get a little loud is OK to a point. But when you start getting out of control and, not just this veteran that was hurt, but others like they shown being pulled out of the street to keep him from being trampled, there's no sense in it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues