Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:40 PM

13 posts, read 27,607 times

Advertisements

Correction to the above. Our home is on the market but I have not posted it anywhere on the internet. That is what a realtor is for.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 PM

754 posts, read 1,736,479 times
Default Not associated with op! Get your facts straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
You got your answer...There is no way to find out find without breaking the law and you were motivated to find a lawyer...I checked your other posts and you're selling your house with pictures of it...I'd strongly recommend PMing a mod or admin to delete this thread...
PLEASE DO NOT GET IT TWISTED! THE PROPERTY THAT SHE POSTED ON IS MY PROPERTY. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU START ASSOCIATING ONE WITH THE OTHER.

Need2knowplz I have sent you a link where your friends can see additional pictures of my home. Let me know if they want any more info or they can contact my realtor directly. I really wish you luck on your situation.

By the way, I am truly appalled by some of the rush to judgements, accusations and assumptions made on this thread...like in sooooo many other threads. Seriously, I would like someone to post me the U.S. Code that says it is illegal for a wife to obtain a copy of her husbands personnel record. Anyone? Unless she obtained it by impersonating someone, committing fraud, hacking into some government system or breaking into private files then I fail to see how there is ANY criminal misconduct here. But again I could be wrong, I would be curious to see what any one can find but would wager it would be nothing.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:26 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,689,902 times
I truly apologize to the OP and A.T. for not getting my fact straight about the house...I saw the low post count, check her other posts and jumped to a conclusion...

For the O.P's sake, I'd still recommend PMing a mod/admin to delete this, not just close it...

Old 01-16-2009, 07:06 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,704,304 times
Does any one know where a wife of a servicemember would get information about that servicemember being demoted?

I hope not. A servicemember's information is private. This would be treated like any other spouse or former spouse desiring support.

IF he has gone 30 days and not contributed anything to the family- write a Certified Letter-return receipt requested, asking for support. (assuming you have children which you didn't say)

Then after no response or no money for 30 more days-
go to the Sherrifs dept and take out a warrant for NonSupport-must be done in the county where he resides.

They will serve the warrant and you'll get a court date. That's when the judge will require his check stubs -LES to be presented.

If you don't have any children- then you are out of luck. You'll have to get an attorney and file a civil suit if you want spousal support.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:17 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,149,378 times
The big worry the OP should have is if her husband's pay grade is one pay grade lower than it was 5 years ago, there soon might be no husband in the military and thus no military pay.

(and --that--is something you have no control over )

Old 01-16-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
I truly apologize to the OP and A.T. for not getting my fact straight about the house...I saw the low post count, check her other posts and jumped to a conclusion...

For the O.P's sake, I'd still recommend PMing a mod/admin to delete this, not just close it...
Thanks for the apology!

I'm all for the moderator deleting it, but I guess that is up to the OP?

Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Does any one know where a wife of a servicemember would get information about that servicemember being demoted?

I hope not. A servicemember's information is private. This would be treated like any other spouse or former spouse desiring support.

IF he has gone 30 days and not contributed anything to the family- write a Certified Letter-return receipt requested, asking for support. (assuming you have children which you didn't say)

Then after no response or no money for 30 more days-
go to the Sherrifs dept and take out a warrant for NonSupport-must be done in the county where he resides.

They will serve the warrant and you'll get a court date. That's when the judge will require his check stubs -LES to be presented.

If you don't have any children- then you are out of luck. You'll have to get an attorney and file a civil suit if you want spousal support.
VegasGrace, good information here. But I also thought there was something in the military code of conduct of a husband not supporting his wife. They are still husband and wife. He is receiving pay for having dependents, and the wife is considered a dependent. It is my interpretation that her concern is really about his ability to pay their bills not that she is looking for a spousal support (am I wrong OP?)?

Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
The big worry the OP should have is if her husband's pay grade is one pay grade lower than it was 5 years ago, there soon might be no husband in the military and thus no military pay.

(and --that--is something you have no control over )
Well to me this supports exactly why the OP would need to know if her husband was demoted or if it was a pay error. As we all know the government makes LOTS of errors. I thought that is what all started this? The fact that she did not even know if he had indeed gotten demoted which does mean less pay and as you stated increases his chances of being released in the future? Hell if I was a wife I would want to know that.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:57 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,303,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need2knowplz View Post
Just to make it clear I did not illegally obtain this information in no way, shape or form. I simply took a few breaths, cleared my mind, and used my head a little bit and remember where I had accessed them in previous years. Him and I have always had an open relationship prior to the start of his downhill spiral. To this day if he had access to my personnel files would I care? No. I am an exemplary employee that have nothing to hide. I did not lose thousands of dollars in pay which then puts the burden on him to take care OUR joint debt. So I am still not buying this whole privacy issue when it comes to this matter specifically. He had full disclosure of the account that was in my name. The account was created for one purpose and one purpose only which was agreed upon by us both for years, and that was to pay joint debt. I have nothing to hide in that account, so is it *my* private account…no I do not consider it that. However, by taking moenies unbeknownst to me he made it impossible for me to pay certain household bills, so yes I take issue with that. I also take issue with a bank that would allow someone un-named on an account to use an account number/routing number to take money out. That would mean there is a way for any one you write a check to, to transfer money out of your account. Does that help you sleep at night? Think not.

I am in the process of finding a lawyer. Thanks for the comments.

BTW, accessing his mypay account is illegal. You have to click that you are the authorized user. You are not named on that account anymore than he was named on your bank account.

Last edited by dmarie123; 01-16-2009 at 11:07 AM..

Old 01-16-2009, 11:01 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,303,232 times
From MyPay's website

"This is a Department of Defense (DOD) Computer System. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices (specifically including Internet access), is provided only for authorized U.S. Government use."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.