U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 12:51 AM

17,641 posts, read 21,829,175 times

Advertisements

Yes. I was renting out an apartments after Desert Storm.

An attractive man told his that he was a vet. He said that he needed to leave some things in the apartm

This man was never in any branch of the military.He said that he would be back in a few days. Never happened. We held on to his belongings until we could no longer do so.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 AM

9,610 posts, read 17,741,496 times
I knew a guy in germany who had a airborn patch sewn on his uniform & pcs to the states. I heard he got busted but who knows. He was a sp4 (combat engineer).

Old 06-26-2012, 04:28 AM

2,380 posts, read 2,092,360 times
In trucking, I've come across more former special forces snipers than I could have ever imagined! They seem to trump all those ex-neural surgeons, rocket scientists, heart surgeons, cops, and many former lawyers. Who would have imagined there would be a lot of bad MF'ers driving trucks? HAHAHAHAHAHHA! But of course when I ask specific questions pertaining to their so-called service, they backtrack and look to get out of the conversation as quickly as possible.

So, to answer the question, I catch various fake veterans multiple times a week.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:57 AM

8,881 posts, read 15,681,687 times
I've never had one run from the so the opportunity to catch one has never presented itself.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I've never had one run from the so the opportunity to catch one has never presented itself.
Go to any truck stop anywhere in the US, hang out in the driver's lounge, and you'll begin to hear all the war heroics from those so-called bad MF'ers. In 2008 while laying over in Winchester, VA, I ran into one guy who was well into his 50's, wearing a brown shirt, BDU trousers, and boots that were dull as could be claiming to have been recalled into action for Operation Iraqi Freedom. He also made the claim to have killed Uday and Qusay Hussein! I laughed in his face and called him a bunch of names. Others joined in on the fun. The old idiot eventually left in shame and embarrassment.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:34 PM

6,572 posts, read 17,991,938 times
For the fun of it.....ask any so called Vet who claims combat experience on "How often did they have a short arm inspection" during his tour of duty.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:00 PM

6,351 posts, read 18,908,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Go to any truck stop anywhere in the US, hang out in the driver's lounge, and you'll begin to hear all the war heroics from those so-called bad MF'ers. In 2008 while laying over in Winchester, VA, I ran into one guy who was well into his 50's, wearing a brown shirt, BDU trousers, and boots that were dull as could be claiming to have been recalled into action for Operation Iraqi Freedom. He also made the claim to have killed Uday and Qusay Hussein! I laughed in his face and called him a bunch of names. Others joined in on the fun. The old idiot eventually left in shame and embarrassment.
I sure am glad the only part of truck stops I visit now are the fuel islands!

Say, Creature of the Wheel; I always thought truck stops should have an "Unprofessional Driver" section in the restaurant...

Old 07-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
I sure am glad the only part of truck stops I visit now are the fuel islands!

Say, Creature of the Wheel; I always thought truck stops should have an "Unprofessional Driver" section in the restaurant...
I don't even visit most fuel islands a whole lot anymore. Thankfully I've found a local, hourly paying trucking job with an outstanding company. The only time I ever deal with a fuel island is to refuel at Pacific Pride. This company doesn't screw around with P-lot/Flying P-lot/Pilot J, Loves, T/A, Petro, or the other popular ones. It's extremely rare that I have to since the company has an offsite fuel company come on to the premises twice a day to refuel all the trucks and reefer trailers. The last time I visited a Pacific Pride island was last Friday night to refuel the reefer. Before that, I used the same Pacific Pride island in December.

You gotta love it when you're in a hurry, find a pump that isn't occupied, and get done fueling....but there's a problem: the jack-hole in front of you isn't in his truck and cannot be found, leaving you to either wait it out whilst cussing and wishing many bad things upon that idiotic driver, or, if you can, back out of the pump.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:23 PM

3,874 posts, read 2,921,049 times
We have a lot phony vets here and some of their antics border on comical. One guy had a cardboard sign indicating he was a disabled vet and would appreciate a donation. To reinforce this he was wearing a neck brace. The only problem was that he was actually doing acrobatics, handstands etc to attract a crowd.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:01 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,962,771 times
Ive seen lots fake veterans / posers wearing uniforms or panhandling in San Francisco

there is this big black dude that walks around all the time dressed in camo BDU trousers, combat boots, black beret, dog tags and a t-shirt with the USN SEAL TRIDENT

and Ive seen him numerous times wearing the same outfit, and I seriously doubt a real former SEAL would dress like that, most likely he's gay

also see guys wearing camo posing as Vietnam veterans panhandling and they are obviously too young to have been there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues