Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 05:11 PM

9,512 posts, read 8,995,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
I am not in the military yet. I am finishing my degree in history and afterwards I might consider military if i can try out for special forces. I am working out and I do plan on being in top shape within a year and a half. That is when I hope to be done with university.
The Army let's you come off the street and attempt to go straight into Special Forces. No idea what additional criteria they might have for an 'entry recruit' that wants to attempt to get into Special Forces upon entry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 05:16 PM

9,512 posts, read 8,995,086 times
Quote:
6 mins? I can do that. But does it have to be 6 mins average for a mile?(stupid question, I know).
With this type of question, you may want to consider something else besides SF. 6 min mile means when you're done running 1 mile, your stopwatch reads 6:00. When you pass the 2 mile mark, you'll look down and see the watch now reads 12:00. At 3 miles, 18:00 minutes have elapsed.

As every other post has said --- visit a recruiter and they can answer most of your questions. If you TELL a recruiter up front that you're barely thinking of entering into the military and you're just asking for some answers - you'll be okay. Visiting a recruiter is WAY less 'stressful' then visiting a used car lot.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:24 PM

164 posts, read 588,690 times
That's the 18X program. You still need to get through basic and then the Q course. Oh yeah, there's that jumping out of a plane thing.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 PM

32,783 posts, read 36,033,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The Army let's you come off the street and attempt to go straight into Special Forces. No idea what additional criteria they might have for an 'entry recruit' that wants to attempt to get into Special Forces upon entry.
Get out! My husband won a senior ROTC Ranger slot and after being commissioned, still had to wait two years for SF. Wonders never cease.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:43 PM

32,783 posts, read 36,033,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Stranger View Post
That's the 18X program. You still need to get through basic and then the Q course. Oh yeah, there's that jumping out of a plane thing.
If I jumped out of a plane, anybody can. I take the stairs because I don't even like elevators.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:29 PM

47 posts, read 199,553 times
You say they do not exist yet you talk like they do. What is it?

Old 03-01-2009, 05:26 AM

50,052 posts, read 63,405,659 times
Quote:
Your son was in it? That can't be right.....anything you can tell me what he told you about being in delta?
You know, I'm never sure how much of what he told us, which isn't a lot, is public knowledge or not, so I don't really talk about it. Do you have a specific question?
Eventually, maybe someone reading these posts who was in might respond in a way they feel appropriate.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 AM

50,052 posts, read 63,405,659 times
Quote:
^What would you say they like in hair/skin color? Or were they all sorts of hair color and skin color? When they talked were you able to know they were delta?
I can speak to that..My son used to wear a beard a lot of the time. Although they tend to be very clean cut guys, in general, they can and do wear long hair and facial hair at times. Their object is to blend in. My DIL, who was raised around the military town, says they are easy to pick out of a crowd.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:51 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,059,607 times
I just thought about this, if I am not going to be like Solid Snake in metalgearsolid then I don't want to join Delta or SAD!

Old 03-01-2009, 05:53 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,059,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Eventually, maybe someone reading these posts who was in might respond in a way they feel appropriate.
Thats ok as long as they don't kidnap me and torture me for answers as to why i am interested in Delta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues