U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2009, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Baywood Park
1,634 posts, read 5,898,176 times
Reputation: 684

Advertisements

anyone know? I'd tried to send my buddy a care package and the zip he gave was invalid. 96434 was what he gave me? Couldn't mail the package. They didn't even have Camp Pendleton in their computer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM
 
3,422 posts, read 9,432,996 times
Reputation: 1957
http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/citytown.jsp

It gave me two zips. I think your Post Office employee either could not spell or was not using the system correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2009, 06:08 PM
 
756 posts, read 1,945,018 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
anyone know? I'd tried to send my buddy a care package and the zip he gave was invalid. 96434 was what he gave me? Couldn't mail the package. They didn't even have Camp Pendleton in their computer.
Camp Pendleton is in Oceanside, Ca. When we lived there the zip codes were 920__. I am sure with a street address and Oceanside as the location the post office should be able to give you a zip code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 08:18 AM
 
6,351 posts, read 18,878,100 times
Reputation: 9894
APO 96434 is in the Phillipines. Perhaps he was once deployed or assigned to embassy duty there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2009, 09:08 PM
 
Location: New Milford, NJ
1,452 posts, read 2,790,806 times
Reputation: 1002
Hi, almost positive it's 92055, I should really remember this I was stationed there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM
 
1 posts, read 17,396 times
Reputation: 11
My son is stationed there now. When mailing, you use CAMP PENDLETON, CA 29055 but when you are filing online forms, Camp Pendleton isn't recognized for a city, so you have to put CAMP PENDLETON in 2nd or 3rd address line, and then use OCEANSIDE, CA 92055 for the city address. Hope that helps! SEMPER FI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 18 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
10,285 posts, read 10,442,913 times
Reputation: 13239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lewis-Dean View Post
My son is stationed there now. When mailing, you use CAMP PENDLETON, CA 29055 but when you are filing online forms, Camp Pendleton isn't recognized for a city, so you have to put CAMP PENDLETON in 2nd or 3rd address line, and then use OCEANSIDE, CA 92055 for the city address. Hope that helps! SEMPER FI
This is right, but if memory serves me correctly, there are two different ways to do it:

Mail to someone using a unit mail room will be to:
Name
Unit
Camp Pendleton, CA 92055

For someone using base housing it is:
Name
Street Address
Oceanside, CA 92058

92058 is an Oceanside zip code designated specifically for Camp Pendleton housing areas. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton recently and Postal Officer was one of my numerous collateral duties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,693 posts, read 22,460,513 times
Reputation: 14289
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
This is right, but if memory serves me correctly, there are two different ways to do it:

Mail to someone using a unit mail room will be to:
Name
Unit
Camp Pendleton, CA 92055

For someone using base housing it is:
Name
Street Address
Oceanside, CA 92058

92058 is an Oceanside zip code designated specifically for Camp Pendleton housing areas. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton recently and Postal Officer was one of my numerous collateral duties.
That jibes with the information on 1st MLG's page.

1st Marine Logistics | Postal Orders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
519 posts, read 1,824,931 times
Reputation: 615
I've mailed plenty of stuff to my son on base and use Oceanside as the city and his zip is 92058.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
24,129 posts, read 38,859,608 times
Reputation: 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
anyone know? I'd tried to send my buddy a care package and the zip he gave was invalid. 96434 was what he gave me? Couldn't mail the package. They didn't even have Camp Pendleton in their computer.
Your post is dated 04-24-2009, 02:33 PM, almost three years ago... I hope you figured it out earlier...



Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top