U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 01:55 PM

2,466 posts, read 4,207,252 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone here on CD served during 1970-1971 in Vietnam with the 196th Infantry Brigade 21st Regiment C Company? My uncle Sgt. David Charles Johnson served from Sept. 1970 - until his death in Feb. 1971 with this unit. My family would like to meet or at least talk to anyone who served with this unit during this time, we especially would like to find anyone who may have served with my uncle and remembers him.

We all got to see the Traveling Wall this past weekend and it brought about many tears and found memories of my uncle who's name along with all of the others should have never been on it. (that was far to many lives lost or missing) I have very little memories of him myself as I was just a little thing the last time I saw him. But what I do remember of him was he was a very kind, loving and giving person. We would just like to know what he was like while he was over there. I'm sure that being over there changed him greatly from the young man we once knew as most wars change people.

We don't feel we got the real story behind his death as something was mentioned briefly long ago at his funeral about how he really died. The young man who made the comment that left us uncertain was only seen that one time and the comment took everyone by such surprise that I don't think anyone really heard it well enough to really catch what he said.

So if anyone here has any info. or stories about my uncle please feel free to DM me. Thank-you!!

Thank-you to one and all who has served this country and has put their lives on the line so that we all may be able to enjoy the freedoms that have been bought with such a heavy price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues