U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlv289 View Post
Hello all - Is anyone out there a veteran or a child/grandchild of a veteran that served with the 56th NCB during WWII? I have been trying to find info on the internet, but very little is out there regarding the 56th. So I am building a website to be the source of info. Anybody that has information/pictures, etc to share please contct me!

Thanks!
Hello! My father is Warren Barry. He served in the 56th NCB from 1943-45. He is looking to reunite with other members of his unit. He lives in New Jersey.
He is specifically looking for Chaplain Archibald, from the same unit, time, and for a man named Fluhearty.

Anyone let me know if you know my father. He is not computer literate, so all emails will be filtered by me.

Sincerely,

Philip Barry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 06:59 PM

2,736 posts, read 3,060,279 times
I just wanted to say Thank you to all of the WWII heros.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlv289 View Post
Hello all - Is anyone out there a veteran or a child/grandchild of a veteran that served with the 56th NCB during WWII? I have been trying to find info on the internet, but very little is out there regarding the 56th. So I am building a website to be the source of info. Anybody that has information/pictures, etc to share please contct me!

Thanks!
From May 24th-26th in Fort Worth Texas there is a reunion of the 56th Seabee Battalion

Old 05-24-2013, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,203 times
Annual 56th Seabee Reunion is being held in Fort Worth Texas from May 24th-26th. This will be our 60th year to hold a reunion.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 454 times
I have a sterling'silver NCB Badge of the 56th hoping to find out something about it

Old 06-08-2016, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 390 times
My dad was in the 56th CBs. I was in a PBY squadron based at Kaneohe NAS and in a 6 plane detachment at Canton Island when the 56th arrived at Kaneohe. On my return, Dad and I were fortunate to have some time together. I have a framed picture of the two of us in dungarees when we met.
Our crew got 6 (I think) days R&R at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel which had been taken over by the navy for returning sub and air crews. Dad got liberty and came in to Honolulu to visit me at the RH. One of my crewmates had a Kodak ( I don't know where he got it) and took several pictures. Dad put them in his 56th CB photo album after the war. My son has the album now.
My dad was separated as CM1/C after the war and continued in his trade as a carpenter in Houston, TX. He passed away in 1967. I guess, like most sons, I didn't realize what a great guy he was until I lost him.
I hope this gets posted as there may be some old fellows who knew my dad and will be glad to see it. If I can figure this web site out I will be back. At 93 things are much more complicated than they used to be.
My best wishes to all Sea Bees.

cb

Old 06-08-2016, 07:31 PM

2 posts, read 390 times
I just remembered that I forgot to identify my dad. His name was Robert B. Buckley CM1/c. He was very proud of the time he wore the navy uniform.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 44 times
My Father, Albert David Butterbaugh Carpenters Mate 2nd Class, was in the 56th CB Battalion in ww2, Philippines, Guam, Mariana Islands. He is deceased now, died Dec 1968 of Hong Kong Flue, his war time buddy Joseph Cherry, Carpenters mate 1st Class was with him all through the war. He died 1980. Both lived in North Kansas City. Dad brought back lots of souvenirs that I remember as a kid. I still have his extensive war time photo album.
[email]bfco75@gmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or