Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 AM

469 posts, read 911,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Question for you, Dmarie123; Can married couples serve remote assignments on the same installation? When I enlisted (1974) they could serve together. Osan Air Base even had a "Join Spouse" dormitory. Then, in the 1980s I believe, the USAF decided that since civilian spouses couldn't come on remote tours, married servicemembers could serve remote tours at the same time but not at the same installation. (i.e. one spouse goes to Kunsan, the other to Osan)

What's the latest on this policy? Thanks!
Well, Osan is now a standard military base. They have spent considerable time and money changing the base to a more family friendly base. Gone are the girls in mini skirts at the club, massage parlor on base is history and base is very secure. Personally, I would never bring my teenage kids. Far too much for them to get in trouble with. High School girls in the Barracks or dorms was a major issue a few years ago. The school and dorms were very close to each other. Every time they lock down the base or tighten up curfew they find thier way to the dorms. The girls get access to booze and and some of the Airman have cars and that is gold to a high school kid. Shame, but thats one of the down sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,864 times
Hey, Im about to go to to basic training in September, which means I would be in technical training during Christmas. Would we be able to go home even though we are in the beginning of technical school

Old 06-10-2014, 02:09 PM

24,243 posts, read 13,102,709 times
It depends on where but at Sheppard, about an hour south of here, AETC shuts down training from about the 21st through the 3rd of January. When I was at pilot training the dates were about the same, and Maxwell's schools are done for about ten days as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues