U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-05-2009, 01:54 PM

184 posts, read 253,084 times
Default Cell Phone in Korea

Anyone know of a good US cell phone provider to use in Korea?
Reason i ask is because my wife is PSCing to Osan and i would like to get a good phone service for us to talk back and forth while she is away.
Thank You
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 10:43 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,583,707 times
Best bet is to use a web cam.

She can get a cell phone when she gets to Korea and buy prepaid time as needed, that is what most do.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:35 AM

625 posts, read 1,128,324 times
I've been to Osan twice and I have to agree with Kalbo. The best option would be to get a cell phone from downtown and fill up with pre paid phone cards. They phone and the cards are very cheap and their is no contract or bill involved.

When I left there in 2008 the Korean government had some weird rules with VOIP services. Basically it involved $$$, so that's probably no longer an attractive option.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 AM

6,040 posts, read 5,484,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodd View Post
Anyone know of a good US cell phone provider to use in Korea?
Reason i ask is because my wife is PSCing to Osan and i would like to get a good phone service for us to talk back and forth while she is away.
Thank You
My fiance is PSC'd to Seoul right now. We have been using Skype without issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues