U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 8,302 times

Advertisements

We were stationed at Torrejon 70 -72. We lived in Royal Oaks and I went to the middle school on base. Anyone remember: Cathy Tanner, Debbie Gleason, Sarah Stumph, Ricky Dunn, Andre Lynch, Greg Elkins, the two brothers Timothy and Calvin, David Earhart, Joe Torelli?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,130 times
wandawoof..

I was there, and I think you may be talking about the rather sizable fire in that wooded field? We lived right on the edge of the community and with a steep hill right across from the balcony (I cannot recall the unit number) But I was there when that fire occurred, and was even questioned. But I had nothing to do with it starting. (we were actually playing in the adjacent field when we saw smoke) Although, I was only 6 years old, and it is possible that some of the older kids were over there.
Anyhow, since I was so young when I was there- 4 to 7 years - I don't have a lot of memories. But a few are....

-the ice cream truck that drove around in the summer
-the park (we had to cross that and up the hill for school..and to get to the swimming pool as I recall)
- selling/buying comic books outside the swimming pool
- and the most memorable.. Mustard soaked popcorn (that might have been just a small group tho)

Last edited by Bri62; 12-31-2013 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-12-2014, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,052 times
I was in the Air Force stationed at Torrejon from 86-91 just before it closed in 92. I lived in royal oaks for 3 years before sending my wife and 2 kids back home before I separated. I lived in the dorm as a staff sargeant when desert storm kicked off extending me in the air force for an additional year. I worked on the f-16 in phase dock then later transferring to transcient alert/crash recovery. My name is Tim Barton if anybody may know me.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,095 times
Default Torrejon AFB

My Dad was also stationed there around the same time. I loved it there and miss it as well.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,095 times
Stationed from about '70-'75.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,976 times
The world gets smaller everyday.

I was in Royal Oaks as a kid age 2-3yo, in 1964-65 timeframe, my dad was stationed there in Torrejon. We live next to a large open area, our unit was in a corner with a rocky wall that was below a roadway higher up. I remember rolling a tire accross the field that eventually rolled across a road and went down to a creek that had trees around it. There were also sheep herders that occasionally crossed the area there as well. There was a bus stop on that corner area that my mother would would go to the local town and shop. I remember eating a small pickled fish, some like "baccaroni" or similar. Sure did love that, closest thing to it today is wine pickled herring. There was a man that came around to our unit to cut our hair then too, always got a buzz cut. Going to the local store somewhere there and buying Bazooka Bubble Gum that was wrapped in comics, 2 for a penny, and everytime I found a penny, my sisters would take me. Playing with cap guns was the thing back then too. Those were fun days as I remember them. My sisters went to school there, they are DeLaine Baughman and Sheila Baughman, not sure of thier grade attended.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,925 times
Hello yes I remember Spain lived in torrejon village right outside the base loved it there beautiful place i was there in the early seventies was just a kid lived there four years can close my eyes and still see the whole village by the way are you going to the torrejon reunion well have my two cents smile..

Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 AM

2 posts, read 3,925 times
Did anyone live in torrejon village right outside the base and remember the p pod man the old gypsy man that use to ride the bike with the the box full of candy on the back use to sell all the kids candy as we got off the school bus and our famous lame saying like cut you low low low or eye ball
Lol yup terrejon will always love and remember that place

Old 04-09-2014, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,824 times
I lived in Torrejon Spain from 83 to 86. I bought several oil paintings from a couple of artists (Munoz and Arias). Was wondering if anyone knew of these artists or if their paintings were worth anything today.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,804 times
we were stationed there in 71 through 76. our house was 191 b. my oldest daughter started kindergarten there. her teacher always wore an apple core necklace, but don't remember her name. our 2nd and 3rd daughters were born at the air base hospital. absolutely loved it and kept hoping to be re-assigned but never were. did go back in '86 while we were stationed in germany to show the girls where we lived. sure do miss the old place. any one else remember the "Pacifico" chinese restaurant in the college area? the best hang out on week ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues