U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 305 times

Advertisements

Hello....my dad was stationed at Torrejon AFB from 1966-1968. We lived at 129C at the very top of the
hill. I have so many wonderful memories to share, but right now, I am trying to locate a few of my fellow classmates such as: Karen Crist, Kathy Workman, Janet Rodriquez, Shannon Holdridge, Karen Cooper and Rusty Craig. I had Mr. Gamer in the fifth grade and Ms. Conner in the sixth grade. My music teacher was Mr. Bird, he was an odd character, and oh, who can forget Ms. Greenlee! OMG! I remember walking up the stairs to go to class and there she was, holding a yardstick in her hand with a smerk on her face just waiting for somebody to act up! She wore bright red lipstick and granny glasses. Fortunately, she was not one of my teachers, but would love for those of you who had the misfortune to have her, share some of your stories here.
Evenings were spent going to the movies. I can't remember the cost of a movie back then but I think it might
have been around a quarter. We didn't have a telephone, but we had tv. I think someone told me that there were several American actors that lived nearby. Did anyone reading this ever hear this?? I am not sure if that is true or just a rumor. I learned to play chinese jump rope from a few of my friends and also learned to play tetherball!
So many sweet memories made there and happy to have found this site where we can reminisce about the good 'ol days and hopefully reconnect with some of our friends.
My name is Susan and if you remember me, please DM me.

Last edited by volosong; 05-03-2018 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: personal contact information deleted - not a good idea here because the spam spiders are continually scanning posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 261 times
Default Royal oaks

We were there 1957 to 1961. Really started the mind working. I can see school on base the ride home on the bus. We were in the Generalismo building for a short time. Remember looking out window and seeing the carts come by to collect trash being drawn by a donkey.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 134 times
Default Looking for...

Hi. I am looking for a Mr. Smalls. He served in the US Army and was based in or around Madrid about 1976 and had a girlfriend named Pilar and they had a daughter the same year. I know that's not a lot of detail but it's all I've got. Any information helps. PM's please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues