Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,657 times

Advertisements

Father was stationed at Torrejon from 77 until 81. We lived in the Torrejon Apartments housing area. Went to K-4th grade at the elementary school on base. Played baseball, but I think I was always too young to play football, according to my parents. Now that I look back, I believe a lot of my friends the same age played. Dang. Anyone else on here live there roughly at the same time/same grades?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 10:22 PM

3 posts, read 5,111 times
I'm Harry Kepler, lived in 220D, top of the hill over looking school, movie theater, gym, baseball fields.you can reach me at keplerh42@hotmail42@hotmail.com

Old 05-30-2016, 03:54 AM

5 posts, read 10,541 times
Harry Kepler, what years were you there?

Old 05-31-2016, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,726 times
I was a dependent there from 64 t0 67. I attended Jr. High and Sr. High (Go Knights!) It snowed once in the 3 years I was there. It was a ground powder that nearly snarled traffic. I currently live in Fargo, ND where deep snow is a way of life. I miss the swimming pool at Royal Oaks where we hung out. My best friend was named Jeffrey Hustad who I've lost track of.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:34 AM

I was there circa 66-69, I remember being in 4th Grade Ms Love's class, was good times!

Old 06-13-2016, 08:36 AM

Trying to make contact with "Newman" as he knows a lot of the people I did

Old 06-15-2016, 09:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,345 times
Lived in Royal Oaks from 1959 to 1963. 5th through 8th grades. Little league and my dad coached the allstar team. Love to hear more about that era. Bob

Old 07-16-2016, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,557 times
We lived in Royal Oaks from 1988-1992, when the base closed. We PCS'd back to the states, Barksdale AFB, La.My daughter was born on base in Spain. I found a pic of the housing unit we lived in on google images. I forget the number, but we lived on the left hand side of the first drive/cul-de-sac coming in from la moraleja. I remember the "painter", matter of fact, one of the last times I saw him, his daughter had just given birth to his 1st granddaughter. They named her "Marissa". I was 8mths pregnant at the time and the babies name "up in the air". I had a girl and that name stuck with me. I named her "Marissa". So many fond memories of that place...the country...the experience!

Old 07-18-2016, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,549 times
My Dad was a Squadron Commander at Torrejon U.S.A.F. B. from 63 through 66, we lived not to far from the pool it was at the pool i got my first kiss i had a lot of fond memorys at that pool i all ready knew how play the guitar and there were a few guys that played a little we just would jam as they say, Spain was a country i just loved i still have a few boxs that have things from my years there, finding this place brings back a time think i will go an see what i have in them its been 50 years since they have seen the light of dayl I dont remember the name of the town not to far from royal oaks but it was there that me an Ed went to see our first bull fight at 14 we had the time of our lives living there left there and went to Riverside California where my dad retired there thanks a lot, Nicholas lampman

Old 08-14-2016, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,486 times
Default I went to Royal Oaks Elementary

I went to Royal Oaks from 1968 to 1972. I was 8 to 11 years old and lived in the quadplex in Royal Oaks and loved playing softball. One of my best friends was Dawn Anderson. Anyone of school pictures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues