U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 12:09 PM

24,128 posts, read 38,859,608 times

Advertisements

I will be interested to see how the lawsuit turns out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 12:53 PM

64 posts, read 169,317 times
I'm a Belgian Chief and I've been to several war theaters and I have to admid that the movie shows the difficult descisions that military personnel is facing.
I've been under attack in Africa where the local tribes thought that we were French Troops and just opened fire while we were distributing food and supplies to the population (women, children,...).
During my latest mission I lost some German colleagues and friends. We were just scouting the area when an old person with a walking stick crossed the street. Our procedure tells us not to stop but who would run over a 60 year old man?? But the old man trew himself on the first vehical while activating a explosive belt he was wearing. The 3 persons in the vehicle were killed. And the vehicle behind us got hit by a missile type LAW, killing the communication officer. We opened fire and had to kill several people.
The problem is that we have procedures and conventions that we have to live up to and the enemy just follows the law of the jungle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues