U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 AM

3,651 posts, read 8,117,736 times

Advertisements

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist - Iraq | War | Map - FOXNews.com

Unbelievable. Well wait, sadly it is very believable in this day and age.

Poor guy. He should pull the race card. Profiling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 09:42 AM

6,076 posts, read 10,743,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist - Iraq | War | Map - FOXNews.com

Unbelievable. Well wait, sadly it is very believable in this day and age.

Poor guy. He should pull the race card. Profiling!
He's lucky that all they did to him, they need to give the SEALs a medal for holding back from doing more.
The Military is going to have to tread on this one real lightly. This could either put a big damper on moral, or through our boys into a rage against the next one they capture.

Bloody lip, so what!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 AM

1,707 posts, read 6,231,763 times
Thank you Mr. President.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 AM

519 posts, read 1,826,841 times
This just irks me to no end! This is a freaking WAR, for God's sake. Let our toops do their job without being scrutinized and prosecuted every time some dirtbag cries foul!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:31 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,014,944 times
I understand why they would request a court-martial. At the same time....they should of just taken their NJP. They would of gotten a slap on the wrist. Now that it's in the press and whatnot they may be made an example of to appeace the Iraqi people.

I would think they would have cameras on all inmates. So they could refute these types of claims. Because he is claiming he was punched in custody, right? The article doesn't make it very clear.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:35 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,643,115 times
Punched in custody? Heaven forbid. Can we give the troops water pistols now so they don't hurt anyone? (Sarcasm).

Old 11-25-2009, 11:54 AM

6,076 posts, read 10,743,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balad1 View Post
Thank you Mr. President.
No, thank you Mr (past) President. He started this dirty oil war.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:35 PM

366 posts, read 221,384 times
I'm an Army Veteran and I want to thank the NAVY SEALS for being among the best in the military. These folks really know what it is to function in a harsh environment. You are really among the most elite there are, and I for one am very, very thankful for your HONORABLE service. Please know that we are behind you in every way NAVY SEALS.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:13 PM

4,521 posts, read 4,979,637 times
To continue these charges will only lower morale and reduce the number of applicantsthat volunteer for BUDS.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:55 AM

5 posts, read 4,893 times
Exclamation Navy Seals & Captured Terrorist (Fallujah - 2009)

Navy Seals are being brought to a Court as a result of the captured terrorist who is accused of having captured, tortured, and burned four American contractors (non-Military) before displaying their bodies in front of the citizens of Fallujah.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576646,00.html]Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist - Iraq | War | Map - FOXNews.com[/url]

[url=http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/25/crimesider/entry5773734.shtml]Navy Seals Face Court Martial for Alleged Terrorist Bloody Lip? - Crimesider - CBS News[/url]

This blogger has chosen two websites who cover this travesty in order to shy away from one opinion only. These are two sites, both CBS and Fox. You can choose.

The terrorist was turned over to Iraqi authorities: this alleged accusation wasn't even done under American conditions! What is the deal here? Anyone in the military knows we are in a State of War. Anyone in the military knows these terrorists will kill you, they will *gasp* lie (ever seen the NGC or Discovery Channel?) given the chance, at any time, any place. Anyone in the military knows that terrorists live by a different set of rules.

Forbid 'political' becomes the rule of the day. These Navy Seals remain heroes in my book. Thankfully apologise to them for the foolishness and send them back to work for which they have been trained, and do things we would never dream of nor are able to do!

So why should they be given civilian, kid-glove treatment? Americans have become so politically correct in the way they treat others in terrorist territory that it is ridiculous!

Is this going to develop into another New York City / Terrorists / US Constitution ? Looks like it, but I don't want to presume. I know for a fact that no one on the detainee's legal team will read this blog, this opinion of mine, so I feel free to say what I want and then sit back and watch what happens with this Trial... that is, unless the Trial is done in secret, which it should be from a military stand point (leave the freakin' civilians out of this, they don't know jack!).

Last edited by paintedMtns; 11-26-2009 at 03:00 AM.. Reason: Checked report for accuracy in the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues