U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 08:20 AM

3,730 posts, read 5,092,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Let's hope these women have appropriate boundaries and get treated with respect. I have my doubts...
For sure. How many crewmen will get put on report by the girlies for insubordination? Nothing like a captains mast or summary court martial to improve morale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 03:45 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,550,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
My second ship had a female officer who didn't know boundaries nor how to properly send an email love letter to her married enlisted Marine lover. Person who received the email reported it and she was kicked out the Navy before her college was paid off. The Marine had to answer to his wife(who was living in Gaeta, Italy where the ship was home-ported) and the Marines foe Adultary. Then there are the women who don't get their way and cry rape or sexual harassment. Glad I'm never again serving on a Navy ship with women.
Much of the armed forces has been turned into not much more than a jobs program, plus with all the social engineering it's no wonder this country needs an army of contractors to help accomplish the mission.

'Course the usual suspects will exclaim that this latest social engineering project is a "success", based upon "surveys and interviews" with the female crew members after a few years' time.

Having had to serve around female Marines (WM's) while in uniform I have first-hand, up-close experience with this social engineering garbage, and it screw up morale and makes small units weak and ineffective. The weak-minded male sailors will naturally gravitate towards "mommy officer", and the competent folks will be the ones shouldering heavy burdens due to the lack of discipline and the presence of female sailors in such cramped quarters.

Keep an eye on the news, folks, as I'm sure we'll see some form or another of "scandal", where the Navy goes on another witch hunt, like Tailhook.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:40 PM

167 posts, read 394,748 times
The military is always evolving. From not even allowed to begin with, to only the reserves, slowly to active duty, equal PT tests...I could go on. When I was pregnant with our first the Corps asked me if I wanted out as I had the option. When our second came about a year later it was no longer an option as it wasn't on equal terms with the men. (and please, we really don't need to go into the womb or lack of debate equality) Will it ever be completely equal? Of course not, that's impossible. Will they keep pushing it? Of course. There are good women and bad women everywhere, regardless of what branch. The barracks rats were clearly known, the few of us that worked hard and did our jobs well were respected. Could I do the job of a Navy Seal? Not even in my best days, but I've known plenty of good quality, respected women that I served with that could and would have the head on their shoulders to do so professionally.

As far as the menstruation blah blah blah, women do have the option of the newer birth controls that do away with the cycle for a year unless her religion prohibits her use. Honestly, we don't want to deal with it just as much as you don't if not more. If the gov't doesn't want to deal with it they could make us accept a form of birth control for a year and not give the women an option. Like they did with anthrax. Instead they'd rather change the decor of the ships. That's on the gov't, don't blame my plumbing for that one please.

At the end of the day, we've pissed off many a men/women by the military evolving from the get go. No one can stop it. Remember this conversation today, because it's probably just how heated our relatives were at the thought of June Cleaver leaving her house to serve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues