Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:27 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times

Advertisements

Total disaster. Women should not be serving aboard surface vessels, let alone subs. When women have been too closely integrated with men in all branches of the Armed Services big morale and discipline problems arise. Just ask a career senior NCO that will speak off of the record. Do not ask a general or admiral, they are bucking for that next star. Social engineering gone too far, political correctness, and pandering to the feminazis. The Left just does not get it; women cannot fight as well as men, and war is not an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Total disaster. Women should not be serving aboard surface vessels, let alone subs. When women have been too closely integrated with men in all branches of the Armed Services big morale and discipline problems arise. Just ask a career senior NCO that will speak off of the record. Do not ask a general or admiral, they are bucking for that next star. Social engineering gone too far, political correctness, and pandering to the feminazis. The Left just does not get it; women cannot fight as well as men, and war is not an Equal Opportunity Employer.
And I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with the maturity level of the men.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 AM

1,707 posts, read 7,034,028 times
Arguing or discussing this subject with most women is like arging with gun contol advocates, impossible.

Last edited by Balad1; 02-25-2010 at 12:12 AM..

Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balad1 View Post
Arguing or discussing this subject with most women is like arging with gun contol advocates, impossible.
I don't advocate harsh gun control laws. Have 4 myself, including an assault rifle.

But deciding to 'have a problem' with someone even before you see if they are qualified to do a job and based on something as ridiculous as gender because you can't get your own mind out of the gutter seems a bit immature to me.

I am the first to say that anyone (man or woman) who can't pass the standards (and the standards should be the same for EVERYONE and should be applicable to the job) should not be in that position.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:42 AM

1,707 posts, read 7,034,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't advocate harsh gun control laws. Have 4 myself, including an assault rifle.

But deciding to 'have a problem' with someone even before you see if they are qualified to do a job and based on something as ridiculous as gender because you can't get your own mind out of the gutter seems a bit immature to me.

I am the first to say that anyone (man or woman) who can't pass the standards (and the standards should be the same for EVERYONE and should be applicable to the job) should not be in that position.
It's not about what women can do; of course they can do anything, sometimes better than men.

It's about the environment on a submarine and the super close confines for months on end.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balad1 View Post
It's about the environment on a submarine and the super close confines for months on end.
That is only a problem if you make it one. On both the men and the women's parts.

I could give a crap if my roommate or bunkmate is a guy or a girl. I've worked in close quarters with both genders for literally over a hundred hours a week (sleeping and eating and working together) without there being issue. It's called being a professional.

Now if a woman is going to be all namby pamby and demand her own bathroom, etc, that's her problem. But saying the guys will be distracted is a problem with the guys, not with the woman.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:34 AM

436 posts, read 954,432 times
Quote:
That is only a problem if you make it one. On both the men and the women's parts.

I could give a crap if my roommate or bunkmate is a guy or a girl. I've worked in close quarters with both genders for literally over a hundred hours a week (sleeping and eating and working together) without there being issue. It's called being a professional.

Now if a woman is going to be all namby pamby and demand her own bathroom, etc, that's her problem. But saying the guys will be distracted is a problem with the guys, not with the woman.

Have you served onboard a submarine ?

Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerNation View Post
Have you served onboard a submarine ?
Nope. I have not.

Not sure why it makes a difference. You either behave professionally or you don't.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 AM

436 posts, read 954,432 times
Quote:
Nope. I have not.

Not sure why it makes a difference. You either behave professionally or you don't.

Have you ever toured a submarine ?

It makes a tremendous difference, I can assure you.

The submarine force is a very elite and challenging organization. We're not talking about a sub tender or surface ship here. Besides, the current fleet of boats are not rigged for woman support.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:22 AM

Have to take your word for it. I've toured quite a few, but I've never been stuck on one out to sea for months on end.

How are they not 'rigged' for women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues