U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 PM

9,964 posts, read 11,854,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balad1 View Post
On a different but related note your CMB and Bronze Star are guarateed to get you awarded a service connected claim ($$$) by the V.A. if you have ANY type of PTSD, anxiety or other mental issue that could be traced to your service in Vietnam. For that matter any medical issue you had while serving is possibly service connected and can be claimed.

If you have any question PM me.

Thank you for your service to our country.
I certainly wasn't any Rambo.

I spent a year in Vietnam and I spent half that time burning poo-poo at the base camp where we were never attacked (DiAn), received three hot meals every day and watched movies in the evening.

Burning poo-poo you say? Best duty ever. My day would begin at 8:00 with a trip to the gate where I would pick up three old women hired to do the actual deed. From here I would pick up a barrel of diesel and gasoline before taking the ladies to one of two huge latrines I had responsibility for.

Being a medic sanitation was my duty.

At 9:00 I would be back lounging until noon when I returned the ladies to the front gate and my day was done.

It was perfect, I was known as the battalion crap burner and with a title like that who is gong to mess with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 12:05 AM

1,707 posts, read 6,242,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I certainly wasn't any Rambo.

I spent a year in Vietnam and I spent half that time burning poo-poo at the base camp where we were never attacked (DiAn), received three hot meals every day and watched movies in the evening.

Burning poo-poo you say? Best duty ever. My day would begin at 8:00 with a trip to the gate where I would pick up three old women hired to do the actual deed. From here I would pick up a barrel of diesel and gasoline before taking the ladies to one of two huge latrines I had responsibility for.

Being a medic sanitation was my duty.

At 9:00 I would be back lounging until noon when I returned the ladies to the front gate and my day was done.

It was perfect, I was known as the battalion crap burner and with a title like that who is gong to mess with you?
How does your B.S. citation read, service above and beyond the call of doody?

Sorry I just had to say that; who knows all that duty might have scarred you.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:34 PM

3,631 posts, read 6,798,556 times
Nicet1, if you haven't attended a BRO reunion I heartily encourage you to do so. This year's is August 25 - 29 in San Antonio and there's a good chance you'll run into someone you knew. Even if you don't, by the time you leave you'll have plenty of new friends.

Mr. Dokie was in the 2nd/16th January 1967 to January 1968 and we've been going to the reunions for about 5 years. It has been a wonderful experience. DM me if you have any questions.

Society of the First Infantry Division - The Big Red One - Events - Annual Reunion: Tours and Special Events (http://www.1stid.org/events/2010reunion.cfm - broken link)

Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 PM

1,667 posts, read 8,171,430 times
Absolutely, update your 214. If it were a "secret mission" it would be in there coded. The military messed up my records and it took 10 years after retirement to get it straight. In the meantime, I lost all of my education benefits guaranteed in the GI Bill.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:17 PM

6,351 posts, read 18,921,015 times
The folks at the CBPO when I retired didn't add the Meritorious Service Medal I'd been awarded at my last duty station. Yeah, I probably should get my records corrected. But then, that medal and $5.00 will get me a cuppa coffee at Starbucks...

Old 03-13-2010, 01:26 AM

1,707 posts, read 6,242,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
The folks at the CBPO when I retired didn't add the Meritorious Service Medal I'd been awarded at my last duty station. Yeah, I probably should get my records corrected. But then, that medal and $5.00 will get me a cuppa coffee at Starbucks...
It's a matter of pride, you earned it.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:11 AM

24,193 posts, read 39,065,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
I probably should get my records corrected.
Your great great grandkids be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or