Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:30 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,866 times

Advertisements

I realized I had been in to long when I went to any function outdoors, and I was spotting where my field of fire would be, and the best possible points to dig in would be. I still do that somewhat these days but thankfully not as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
I realized I had been in to long when I went to any function outdoors, and I was spotting where my field of fire would be, and the best possible points to dig in would be. I still do that somewhat these days but thankfully not as much.

That never ends, I guess, because I do that contantly, wherever I am.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:37 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
In my case I always look for the fire exits, fire extinguishers, fire hoses, emergency lighting, and flamable materials. Had enough fires on old ships that it is now burned into my brain. Thankfully, good training prevented those small fires from becoming major fires which can easily happen in an engine room containing oil and diesel fuel.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:19 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
My WIFE still knows what a "Dash 60" is... (an aircraft ground power unit that supplies air end electrical power that's used, among other things, to start the engines on an aircraft)

And yes, I still check my gig line!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:41 AM

4 posts, read 18,259 times
Oh yeah, after basic training, I went on leave and I was in line at whataburger with my dad and I went to parade rest.

And I would execute marching faces when I was walking through my house to switch the laundry. (muttering cadences under your breath to yourself the entire time....)

And I still get a grudging feeling come 0600 every morning, regardless if I have to do PT or not....

Old 03-09-2010, 12:01 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
I awake at "Oh-Dark-Thirty" on occasion to very it still exists.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Still sing jodies (in your head) when on a run or hike.

Use the military alphabet.

Military tuck your dress shirts

Always spit shine your shoes before job interviews or meetings where you want to dress to impress

Get a text from the boss asking you to handle something. You respond "Wilco". He did'nt get it.

Can never say "outstanding" without putting the F-word in between the 1st two syllables.

Still feel the urge to stand up when a senior executive comes into a meeting room

When you drive down the I-5 thru Camp Pendleton and see the marines on exercise, you still get annoyed when you see a vehicle sillouetting itself on a ridgeline.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Still sing jodies (in your head) when on a run or hike.

Use the military alphabet.

Military tuck your dress shirts

Always spit shine your shoes before job interviews or meetings where you want to dress to impress

Get a text from the boss asking you to handle something. You respond "Wilco". He did'nt get it.

Can never say "outstanding" without putting the F-word in between the 1st two syllables.

Still feel the urge to stand up when a senior executive comes into a meeting room

When you drive down the I-5 thru Camp Pendleton and see the marines on exercise, you still get annoyed when you see a vehicle sillouetting itself on a ridgeline.

How about when you're watching an Army movie and the troops have hair just a little too long or when half the troops in formation have on sunglasses and the other half doesn't?

That REALLY brings out the old Drill Sergeant in me!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:05 AM

1,707 posts, read 7,034,326 times
Or you're watching NCIS and you see that Abby's lab has windows open to view by anyone on the street. Granted it's on a naval base but give me a break. The real NCIS building would be a little more secretive and secure as it's the military way don't you think?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:22 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
Several days ago, I caught myself just before starting to "marshal" one of my colleagues' trucks onto the fuel island with aircraft marshalling hand signals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues