Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:11 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,306,462 times

Advertisements

I understand your plight. I was stuck at an assignment that literally drove me nuts. It was cold, windy and flat with nothing to do except to get fat, make babies and spend money. Well, after 6 yrs, we had 3 kids, gained about 30 pds per individual and was over our head with bills.

I can positively comment for the AF. As an AF military brat during 70-90's, my father PCS'd what seemed every 3 to 4 years, at minimum. Then, around early 90's, the AF changed its PSC philosophy to increase family stability and reduce cost. During my 20 yr career, I averaged about 5+ yrs per base but at sametime I went TDY a lot more than my father. During my first 12 years with the AF, I did work along side the Army. And, I do remember conversation where the Army was looking to do the same. I am not 100% sure but I do remember conversation.

With that said, considering the above statements, an individual could still PSC more often if they meet the minimal time on station rules. In the AF, the best way to garner orders is to volunteer for a Special Duty(recruiting, DI/TI, etc), short tour overseas or extended long overseas. Ask your husband if those rules apply to Army, too. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues