Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:22 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times

Advertisements

You can join Patriot Guard Riders for free.

You can help out, or not, you can give donations if you want. I've been a member about three years, I get notified of events in my area. You don't even have to have or ride a motorcycle.

The Main Web Site is at: Patriot Guard Riders Home

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
First of all, are you sure these folks are from Westboro? I mean, really? Churches are supposed to be places of love, not hate. It's possible they may attend there (I doubt they would be members, though), but I'll bet they probably don't go there at all. I know there are some bad apples out there in the world, but I wouldn't pass judgment on an entire church's congregation just because of the opinions of a few protesters who, for all we know, have too much time on their hands. Did they really say they even go to such a church??

That's the downside of our precious First Amendment, when stuff like this happens.
They're from Topeka Kansas and yes they do exist, Case44.

I hope they show up here in my little part of the country. I know a few fellas in the Legions, VFW, AmVets and the Nam-Vets MC that'll be proud to show all of them what Pavement taste like, to include their idiot wives and children.

I got a big kick out of the video that showed a ticked off passer-by tossing a Big Gulp out a moving car passenger window and clobbering one of their kids that was protesting with them upside the head. I laughed so hard, I almost fell out of my chair.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:32 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I really recommend that anyone who has to come in contact with these creeps take the lead of Angel Action. It was a brief movement founded by a good friend of Matthew Shepard's when Westboro Baptist attended his funeral. They wear angel costumes with large wings (6 or 7 feet high and just as wide) and stand in front of the protesters to block them from view while showing solidarity that regardless of your political beliefs, religion, gender, sexuality, or race, you can all unify together against evil.

I really hope people would follow that example rather than stoop to their level.
You know the only problem with this idea is that the wbc would knock you down just to get you out of the way . these people are hate mongers nothing short of it and like I said I have a feeling that God has his way of dealing with them .

Old 07-05-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
I really recommend that anyone who has to come in contact with these creeps take the lead of Angel Action. It was a brief movement founded by a good friend of Matthew Shepard's when Westboro Baptist attended his funeral. They wear angel costumes with large wings (6 or 7 feet high and just as wide) and stand in front of the protesters to block them from view while showing solidarity that regardless of your political beliefs, religion, gender, sexuality, or race, you can all unify together against evil.

I really hope people would follow that example rather than stoop to their level.
Sorry, but definitely NOT going to happen , the only time I put on a COSTUME is at Halloween parties.

I think the Patriot Guard Riders have the best way to deal with them, and that's to fire up their bikes and rev the motors to drown them out. And doing all of this at a good safe distance so that the families of the fallen don't hear any of it, "Unless their loved one was into Harley's".

Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
This site is primarily a relocation site, helping those who have questions relating to moving to other locations.

Here are pertinent portions of the Terms of Service's which you all have agreed to when you registered:

Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Welcome!

This forum is strictly moderated.

The Moderators and Administrators have final say in what is or is not appropriate.

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.

Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.

"Trolling" is prohibited.

Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.

All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.

Discussing moderator actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public forums.

Enjoy the forums!
If you can not participate in this topic without hate speech, threats or bashing of ANY sort, etc, you post will most likely be deleted.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Rich

Old 07-10-2010, 09:30 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
Please see this facebook page in support of Al Snyder (the Westboro church protested at his Marine son's funeral - Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder) United Support for Al Snyder and Against Military Funeral Protests | Facebook or Lance Cpl. Matthew A. Snyder

Old 07-10-2010, 09:46 PM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
You know the only problem with this idea is that the wbc would knock you down just to get you out of the way . these people are hate mongers nothing short of it and like I said I have a feeling that God has his way of dealing with them .
They won't. They are very well aware of the laws- well enough to know that if they knock you down, they will go straight to jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Sorry, but definitely NOT going to happen , the only time I put on a COSTUME is at Halloween parties.

I think the Patriot Guard Riders have the best way to deal with them, and that's to fire up their bikes and rev the motors to drown them out. And doing all of this at a good safe distance so that the families of the fallen don't hear any of it, "Unless their loved one was into Harley's".
Not a big fan of the Patriot Guard Riders- comes across as a bit trashy to me honestly. You might not like the "Halloween costume" but I think it's putting on a much better face than a bunch of bikers.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:55 PM

Angry WBC will burn one day!!!

Most of the biker that I know are professional types, lawyers, bankers, business owners, and yes truck drivers, construction workers and so on. Frankly I'd trust a Bike far faster than I would any Preacher or anyone in the ministry. Most of them are hiding behind their religion and are two faced about it. At Least with a Biker you know were you stand and most of them are the ones who went to fight in a war and not hide behind a book. Don't tread on them and they won't show you what asphalt tastes like.

I'd like to see a 18 wheeler loose control and run over the whole batch of them, "Now that would be entertainment".

Old 07-12-2010, 06:46 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,904,348 times
Quote:

Not a big fan of the Patriot Guard Riders- comes across as a bit trashy to me honestly. You might not like the "Halloween costume" but I think it's putting on a much better face than a bunch of bikers.
To each his own - I too would prefer the Patriot Guard riders. Not all bikers are like the guys from "sons of anarchy"

Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 PM

459 posts, read 1,036,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Listen to this my fellow "Americans". Especially the Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters of fallin Soldiers.

A church known as the "Westboro Baptist Church" in Topeka Kansas are the ones responsible for standing outside the funerals and disrupting the graveside services of fallin servicemen and servicewomen in protest of the war. Now I don't know about you folks, but if they show up in my neck of the wood, they're going to learn what pavement tastes like, male or female. They're carrying signs like "God made IED's to kill soldiers" and "We're glad you son or daughter is dead", plus a few others I won't say in respect of good friends here on CDF.

I have an address for these scum-bags if you want it I will post it, but only if CDF allows me to.
They're not jerks. A jerk is the guy who cuts you off on the road or doesn't hold a door or takes forever at the ATM.
These people are mentally ill. Protesting at soldiers funerals shows a level of sadism that fortunately is rare in our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues