U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:56 AM

9,807 posts, read 12,913,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *S.F. Wifey* View Post
As long as they do their job why should it matter? People have this stigma as if men will be in the shower and you will have some flaming gay guy off in the corner watching you shower. Com on' really?
Why not have co-ed living ?

Another problem I have with open gays is pushing their agenda.

I worked with a few gay men in civilian jobs and got along ok with them. However, it seemed that it wasn't enough to be friendly and treat them as a co-worker.

They had to always ask others-----" are you aware I'm gay"
( I frankly couldn't care less)

Also, sooner or later they wanted to know how I felt about gay marriage .
Yup, open gays in the workplace are one thing. At least when I punched out I didn't have to go home with them and listen to them preach their agenda.

Don't ask don't tell--------would prevent gays in the military from promoting their agenda 24/7

Old 05-14-2010, 08:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 57,260,296 times
Quote:
As long as they do their job why should it matter? People have this stigma as if men will be in the shower and you will have some flaming gay guy off in the corner watching you shower. Com on' really?
Judging by that video it looks like they get independent showers
with curtains

Old 05-14-2010, 10:50 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,249,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

I worked with a few gay men in civilian jobs and got along ok with them. However, it seemed that it wasn't enough to be friendly and treat them as a co-worker.

Yup, open gays in the workplace are one thing. At least when I punched out I didn't have to go home with them and listen to them preach their agenda.

Don't ask don't tell--------would prevent gays in the military from promoting their agenda 24/7
What is the gay agenda? To be treated as equals? Whats so wrong with that.
As a gay veteran myself, I just wanted the peace of mind knowing that I won't have some bigot outing me to my command just bc he had a gruge against me. I could care less if you don't like gays. It becomes a problem when you decide that bc of your own insecurities, you will ruin my career bc of it.

Also, you say that gays "preach" our agenda. How is asking about gay marriage preaching? I'm sure you have talked about your wife or girlfriend. Why would it be any different if I talk about my boyfriend? If you are telling me to keep my private business to myself, then you should say the same for your straight counterparts. And believe me, there wasn't a day that went by when I didn't hear my fellow Marines talking about which girl they just banged or how much their wife was a pain. You can't have double standards for our military troops, and DADT creates that.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:44 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,546,804 times
It will be a fascinating experiment no doubt! I'm waiting to see what comes up.....

Old 05-15-2010, 01:54 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,983,522 times
Quote:
Two gay lovers on my first ship got into a lovers fight. They were sent to Captain's Mast and restricted to the ship for a few months. They made up and even though they slept in different berthing compartments, they took showers in the same head (each berthing compartment has it's own head). I always like to pose this question to women. You're in the Navy, you sleep in a room with over 100 other people, most of those other people are men, there's no privacy for dressing, undressing, and showering,...would you be comfortable undressing completely nude and showering in front of the men you work with every day, 7 days a week, 6 months a year, and sleeping only a few feet from at least 5 to 11 guys you work with? Think about all the various men you've ever worked with. Some were nice, some were pure pigs. You'd be dressing and undressing infront of all those men you work with. You'd be wondering if they're checking you out, what they're thinking, and if their eyes meet yours on the job and they turn away laughing, you're wondering if they're laughing at you or something they saw on you?

Old 05-15-2010, 02:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 57,260,296 times
Quote:

I dont have this agenda you so think of since this got moved to military forum Lets talk about this Military .
Our brave soldiers are protect liberty,and freedom.
A gay man, lesbian WILL Protect everyone protection the same.
no matter what sexuality they are. Im sue as
Spoiler
hell
hope the same is done by hetros. America should be the country
that doesnt spread Hatred or someone with that hatred thinking is a terrorist

If we gays where just given equal rights then there would be no so call agenda.
It wouldnt be push the face of opposers if given something as simple as
equality
Our brave Men & Women are fighting for same freedom. I think every american should have this freedom

Old 05-15-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
What is the gay agenda? To be treated as equals? Whats so wrong with that.
As a gay veteran myself, I just wanted the peace of mind knowing that I won't have some bigot outing me to my command just bc he had a gruge against me. I could care less if you don't like gays. It becomes a problem when you decide that bc of your own insecurities, you will ruin my career bc of it.

Also, you say that gays "preach" our agenda. How is asking about gay marriage preaching? I'm sure you have talked about your wife or girlfriend. Why would it be any different if I talk about my boyfriend? If you are telling me to keep my private business to myself, then you should say the same for your straight counterparts. And believe me, there wasn't a day that went by when I didn't hear my fellow Marines talking about which girl they just banged or how much their wife was a pain. You can't have double standards for our military troops, and DADT creates that.

regarding the " gay marriage agenda" that gays love to preach as " equal rights"-------------even the recent Supreme Court nominee has stated she does not believe banning gay marriage is a vioolation of equal rights.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:38 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,249,248 times
Quote:
regarding the " gay marriage agenda" that gays love to preach as " equal rights"-------------even the recent Supreme Court nominee has stated she does not believe banning gay marriage is a vioolation of equal rights.
And Judge Sonia Sotomayor is an ally in the gay rights movement...so whats your point?

Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 PM

38 posts, read 59,151 times
I'm sure once it's OK to be gay in the military, everyone will become gay. They only reason all members of the military aren't gay is because it's against the rules.
Once legalized, we will have pink uniforms and silk underwear..! Hand to hand combat will be replaced with kisses and hugs..
Soon all military men can dump their icky wives and pick the mates they have always wanted.. Foxholes will be much more user friendly..

Old 05-15-2010, 01:17 PM

Nice try at sarcasm.

What we will have is some of the gay servicemen seeing how far they can " push the envelope" via their gay behavior.

If you folks think its so great having open gays in the military, why not co-ed basic,co-ed barraks, and co-ed bathrooms.

Posters state open gays aren't interested in other males, why wouldn't the same be said for bunking males and females in the same barraks?

What is the difference between sexual attraction between males and females and sexual attraction between gays and people of their same sex?

Allowing open gays into the military is giving them a " playpen" to act on their desires.

The closer the confinement between males and females, the more pregnancies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues