U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:07 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,383,814 times

Advertisements

Short answer. Your idea would violate the Fair Housing Act. Making home sales to people of only specific races is discriminatory.

Read the Fair Housing Act.

Last edited by 43north87west; 07-07-2010 at 03:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM

Location: Lower Eastside - Farwell Ave just south of Brady St
243 posts, read 432,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
BTW, most of the Cubans who fled Cuba in the 50's and 60's were white; Hispanic/Latino is an ethnicity, not a race.
Good example is the family of Desiderio Alberto Arnaz y de Acha III _ Although they fled in the 1930s

Old 07-07-2010, 05:07 PM

354 posts, read 157,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
If it's just exterior differences in skin pigmentation that separate us, then why do white supremacists, such as yourself, imply that their are mental deficiencies as well?
Dude, you're starting to get irrational. You're acting no different than the crazy conservatives.

You're pre-judging Andrea by what you feel all conservatives think, which is funny because that's what you're trying to argue against -- prejudices. Andrea seems pretty level headed to me and really hasn't said anything bigoted. She just shares a different opinion than you.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:12 PM

68 posts, read 110,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Short answer. Your idea would violate the Fair Housing Act. Making home sales to people of only specific races is discriminatory.

Read the Fair Housing Act.
Yeah I actually knew about that because we learned about it in my geography of race class i had this past year, obviously what i proposed would have to change a couple of existing laws. but i no longer think my plan would work.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:34 PM

68 posts, read 110,780 times
It really bothers me when someone says "if they want a change they can, they need to go to school and get educated bla bla bla." and heres why.

When i left for college i purposely did bad on my math placement test because i wanted to have a refresher course in the subject because i didn't take math my last year of high school. so i bombed that part of the placement test and was place in the lowest level math class possible. (math 90) The class was made up of almost all black students, the class for me was a complete joke and i got an A. But the schooling that the black kids received was so terrible that half of them didn't even know the multiplication table and seriously had to think about simple things like 9X7=? A lot of them struggled and there was actually people who were in my class for the second time because they failed the first time around. I made friends with a black girl in my class and she struggled in math 90 then we took math 95 together and she barely made it to the next level. In math 105 i was even struggling we both went to tutoring together twice a week and went to our teachers office hours once a week. I managed a B but for whatever reason she couldn't keep up with how fast the class was advancing because her basic mathematics was so poor. She failed sadly, even though she literally did everything she could. She was legitimately trying to improve her life and her poor prior education was holding her back. and I'm sure this happens to many blacks who try and go to college and then end up dropping out and the process of living in poverty in ghettos continues.

another thing. in high school and school in general everyone wants to fit in. from what i can see in black culture if your a thug your cool. its a poor choice on their part yes but its human nature. the glamorized celebrities that are black need to stop acting like idiots so that youth blacks have something else to want to become.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:50 PM

13,169 posts, read 5,278,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
I guess working in the hood for the last 8 years doesn't count, then, does it?

ETA: What, pray tell, was I wrong about in my assessment of current black culture? I'd like to know what YOU think mainstream black culture is...because it certainly is not positive reinforcement for excelling in academics and contributing to society. I deal with the lesser elements of society every single day in my job, and I can tell you that good parents and good households are VERY hard to come by in the inner city. That is not the fault of whites, or slavery, or any other lame ass excuse. The blame for that falls squarely on the shoulders of those who continue to promote ignorance and acting like an animal in general.

As much as I want to comment on your smart ass reply I quoted here, I'll bite my tongue. Wouldn't want to get banned
I would like to interject on your assesment of "black culture". Rather you realize it or not, depending where you go "black culture" varies. Believe it or not there are places where blacks are doing very well and their families are intact. There are black children that (gasp!) excel in academics and actually contribute to society. I like many of my freinds come from stable home environments and have excelled in life, in spite of coming from the inner city which all of us wear with pride. As far as fault is concerned, unlike the fairly tale that you live in, past deeds done to my forefathers and the suffering that they endured throughout american history has affected me, but not to my detriment but to my advantage. How? B/c I realize eventhough many whites will not acknowledge racism in this day and age I still see it and will continue to fight and prosper despite the many set backs that I will fight b/c of my color.

You can either ignore the truth or fight the lie, I rather fight the lie and know the truth

Old 07-08-2010, 08:48 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,439,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
And to your second point, quiet as it's kept, there ARE black leaders out here every day...I emphasize quiet because, every time some big whoop-de-do erupts in the black community, all the media will focus on is 'Jackson and Sharpton', who seem to attract cameras the way doo-doo attracts flies, and who seem to think that someone died and named them 'black America's spokesmen'...the very notion of which is BS, because I can tell you point blank that neither of those gentlemen speak for me...I will form my own opinions and views on things, not take them from a pair of televised hucksters, thank you very much...the REAL leaders in the community are the ones who get things done behind the scenes, not pandering to the nearest TV cameras...

Your reply is quite good but I do challenge the notion of "quiet leader". Leading by example may work for those who choose to observe your behavior. True leaders however are much more active in trying to foster real change IN OTHERS.

Doing the right thing for yourself is living a good life but it is not leadership.

Anyway this is just an anomymous forum for people to spout off on - I wish you well and good luck in whatever you undertake.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:52 AM

1,094 posts, read 1,139,868 times
Segregation is not in effect, but racial separation is.

After reading here, and another thread on white flight, I've come to the conclusion that some races or ethnic groups just aren't meant to live in the same residential area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee