U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-29-2010, 12:40 PM

158 posts, read 268,414 times
I think it is close enough that anyone who cares at all about style should drive the 60 minutes there and check out the whole street instead of the 25 min. or whatever to, say, a Brooks Brothers, for goodness sakes.
Plus, everyone has at least one buddy to visit in Madtown, right?
Cheers!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,345,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caieva View Post
I think it is close enough that anyone who cares at all about style should drive the 60 minutes there and check out the whole street instead of the 25 min. or whatever to, say, a Brooks Brothers, for goodness sakes.
Cheers!
What's wrong with Brooks Brothers? It may not be hip and trendy, but it has stood the test of time.... and will likely do so for years to come. There are also "unique and different" options there, but nothing too whacked out.

Granted, if the OP is looking for something "cool" and even "anti-establishment" (like a sleek, jet-black artiste-style sports coat, or a European-style open-collar "dress" shirt with purple and canary highlights), then yeah, BB wouldn't do.

It sort of depends if AH09 wants to look like a Porsche-driving celebrity, a banker, or something in between.

Last edited by Empidonax; 07-29-2010 at 01:16 PM..

Old 07-29-2010, 05:36 PM

196 posts, read 164,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote View Post
What's wrong with Brooks Brothers? It may not be hip and trendy, but it has stood the test of time.... and will likely do so for years to come. There are also "unique and different" options there, but nothing too whacked out.

Granted, if the OP is looking for something "cool" and even "anti-establishment" (like a sleek, jet-black artiste-style sports coat, or a European-style open-collar "dress" shirt with purple and canary highlights), then yeah, BB wouldn't do.

It sort of depends if AH09 wants to look like a Porsche-driving celebrity, a banker, or something in between.
Quijote, I'd say more porsche-driving celebrity Lmfao! Brooks Brothers and especially the store diagonally across from the Bayshare town center have a nice colorful banker style selection of outfits but I already have clothes like that so I'm going for a little something more hip and trendy. Did I mention these stores have thee nicest staff members of all time? I was just breath taken by the sociability and cordiality of all the staff members at these stores. They ask and call you by your name even upon farewell and everything. They had me feeling guilty I didn't buy anything after all that. Even though I didn't find what I was looking for at these stores, I'm glad you steered me in this direction quijote because I found this light summer jacket I absolutely fell in love with at the Bayshore Town Center. I actually never explored the Bayshore town center before as I usually only go indoors and the atmosphere was to die for. Just a shame it's on the other side of town.

Last edited by AmericanHistory09; 07-29-2010 at 05:49 PM..

Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caieva View Post
Cheers!
Hell, I barely have any friends in the Milwaukee area with my sheltered behind, much less outside of the Milwaukee area? I'm working on that. Anyways, what kind of clothing do they sell exactly at JazzMan's? I looked for a website and they didn't really have one or at least one that shows what types of apparel they carry?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,345,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHistory09 View Post
Quijote, I'd say more porsche-driving celebrity Lmfao! Brooks Brothers and especially the store diagonally across from the Bayshare town center have a nice colorful banker style selection of outfits but I already have clothes like that so I'm going for a little something more hip and trendy. Did I mention these stores have thee nicest staff members of all time? I was just breath taken by the sociability and cordiality of all the staff members at these stores. They ask and call you by your name even upon farewell and everything. They had me feeling guilty I didn't buy anything after all that. Even though I didn't find what I was looking for at these stores, I'm glad you steered me in this direction quijote because I found this light summer jacket I absolutely fell in love with at the Bayshore Town Center. I actually never explored the Bayshore town center before as I usually only go indoors and the atmosphere was to die for. Just a shame it's on the other side of town.
If you're looking for something more contemporary, did you try Detour and Moda, listed in a previous post?

It's hard to believe there aren't other suitable places (forgive the pun) to buy such attire.... It looks like the Third Ward has a couple of popular shops....

OnMilwaukee.com Marketplace: J. Bird Boutique lets men in on the fashion scene

OnMilwaukee.com Marketplace: Fashion for men and women Flaires up in the Ward

The Brady Street area probably has a few more than already mentioned. Have you taken a look at Aala Reed?:

Aala Reed Clothing - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Perhaps also Whitefish Bay, Mequon, and Wauwatosa have some edgy places, but I'm not in that loop.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote View Post
If you're looking for something more contemporary, did you try Detour and Moda, listed in a previous post?

It's hard to believe there aren't other suitable places (forgive the pun) to buy such attire.... It looks like the Third Ward has a couple of popular shops....

OnMilwaukee.com Marketplace: J. Bird Boutique lets men in on the fashion scene

OnMilwaukee.com Marketplace: Fashion for men and women Flaires up in the Ward

The Brady Street area probably has a few more than already mentioned. Have you taken a look at Aala Reed?:

Aala Reed Clothing - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Perhaps also Whitefish Bay, Mequon, and Wauwatosa have some edgy places, but I'm not in that loop.

Quijote, you're wonderful for going out of your way to find more options for me out there. I can hardly wait to check into some of the above listed. Very much agreed on it being hard to believe there's not tons more fitting choices (excuse my own pun lol) in this ever colorful city of ours. By the way, you're only too right about Brady Street: I've walked to and fro down that street a few times during the evening hours when shops were closed and ostensibly at least, they seemed to have a a few creative clothing choices. I haven't managed to drudge up the energy and time to check out all the other choices listed from this website yet but I hope to in the coming week or so. Anyways, as always, you've been a great help.

Last edited by AmericanHistory09; 07-31-2010 at 01:42 PM..

Old 08-08-2010, 09:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,217 times
White Star on H20 and Detour on Brady... support our local businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee