Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devitron5000 View Post
I think it's pretty damned hilarious how you seem completely oblivious to how you, yourself have been doing nothing but adding to the racial tension that would make something like that happen. But even then, I don't know why you keep repeating this "prediction" unless you were part of some white supremacist militia that's planning some type of "ethnic cleansing" (which... keepin' it real... I would not put past you).

If you're that damn worried about a "socially hot summer," why not do what people with your mentality do best and run up north? It would certianly make it easier on those of us who still have things like logic, reason and a mind of our own going for us.

Assuming it's not from his own a**, I'm guessing it rhymes with "Park Shelling." Notice how of all the times that someone's alluded to him being a talk radio drone, he hasn't once disputed it.
Hence why I don't listen to Mark Belling, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, or Glenn Beck. I find none of it beneficial.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:39 AM

280 posts, read 648,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Hence why I don't listen to Mark Belling, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, or Glenn Beck. I find none of it beneficial.
Same here. I don't even watch the stuff that's marketed towards me like MSNBC. Crap is crap no matter who's selling it.

Last edited by Devitron5000; 01-21-2011 at 02:56 AM..

Old 01-21-2011, 07:23 AM

341 posts, read 641,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
It is going to be interesting to see the opinions of some of you Mayfair Mall riot apologists by the end of next summer. I predict a long hot summer in Milwakee(like many cities in the U.S.) with a lot of social unrest some of which will be racial orientated.
Dir Sir, may I ask you what kind of newspapers are you reading? Does your TV has just Fox News?
And the last question: What is your opinion about photo from the previous page, please?

Thank you.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:11 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumiwa View Post
Dir Sir, may I ask you what kind of newspapers are you reading? Does your TV has just Fox News?
And the last question: What is your opinion about photo from the previous page, please?

Thank you.
Any idiot can see that there is trouble on the horizon. The Mayfair Mall incident is just a small warning. There are riots all over Europe and there is a huge dissatisfaction with the way things are going in the U.S. And the economic predictions are gloomy to say the least. If the economy hits a bigger downturn than we are presently in there is bound to be trouble in the form of social unrest. And the racial climate of America isn't something to underestimate. Ive heard talk of a race war many times over the years. I'm not the first to predict that. Many main stream newspapers have told of the possibilty. So wake up and get in the real world.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Any idiot can see that there is trouble on the horizon. The Mayfair Mall incident is just a small warning. There are riots all over Europe and there is a huge dissatisfaction with the way things are going in the U.S. And the economic predictions are gloomy to say the least. If the economy hits a bigger downturn than we are presently in there is bound to be trouble in the form of social unrest. And the racial climate of America isn't something to underestimate. Ive heard talk of a race war many times over the years. I'm not the first to predict that. Many main stream newspapers have told of the possibilty. So wake up and get in the real world.
The Mayfair incident was a flash mob that happened to go wild. This is probably a result of bad parenting for some of them. I know my father would be pretty upset if I participated in a flash mob like that at Mayfair.
White people have conducted flash mobs on college campuses for years and in malls. There were times when White people rioted and race had NOTHING to do with it. It was merely sports fans acting stupid after a win or loss. I have seen videos of them, particularly hockey games. How are the events that transpired at Mayfair a sign of bad race relations? Yes, they happened to be African-Americans, but other than that, I have no proof of it being racially motivated.
Race riots and rebellions have been occurring since the USA was a nation. Last time I checked, Black people were often the victims of those riots.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I don't know about you but people who watch those shows on Fox and listen "politicians" like S. Palin it is nothing unusual that will happened something race related but the question to you who will start it, what kind of race is Palin, what kind of race is Limbaugh, what race is Bill O'Reilly for example???

Just listen how to talk about president...

BTW, I am white...

Old 01-21-2011, 06:38 PM

17 posts, read 48,315 times
Just another issue you will have in any large urban area from time to time. I still go to Mayfair with my wife and kids and don't worry about it.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:44 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
The Mayfair incident was upsetting to me because I have nice memories of that mall when I was a kid living in Milwaukee. I remember there used to be an ice skating rink there near a McDonalds. You could eat and watch the skaters. Everything seemed so civilized back then. If you would have showed the Mayfair shoppers from that era scenes from the 2011 flash mob they would have been horrified at what the future would be like.

Although things were never perfect, I recently read the newspaper from the day I was born in 1967 (on google news) and the top local story was that the police caught the man who kidnapped a woman from the Mayfair parking lot and went on to rape her. That was sad to read. It made me realize that Milwaukee was never the crime free utopia in that era that I idealize it to be for some reason.

Those who mentioned racism in the suburbs will be interested in this story. The second house I lived in was in Fox Point. When we put the house up for sale in 1974 a black man was one of the people who looked at it. Well the whole neighborhood found out about it and they were furious. Neighbors showed up at the door urging us not to sell the home to a black. The phone kept ringing and my parents actually got death threats over it. Then when they found out it was one of the Milwaukee Bucks (Bobby Dandridge) everyone changed their mind. They got all excited at the thought of their kids playing basketball with him. He never did end up buying the house. Still it's amazing for me to think there was that intense level of racism in a Northern city like Milwaukee.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post

Although things were never perfect, I recently read the newspaper from the day I was born in 1967 (on google news) and the top local story was that the police caught the man who kidnapped a woman from the Mayfair parking lot and went on to rape her. That was sad to read. It made me realize that Milwaukee was never the crime free utopia in that era that I idealize it to be for some reason.

Those who mentioned racism in the suburbs will be interested in this story. The second house I lived in was in Fox Point. When we put the house up for sale in 1974 a black man was one of the people who looked at it. Well the whole neighborhood found out about it and they were furious. Neighbors showed up at the door urging us not to sell the home to a black. The phone kept ringing and my parents actually got death threats over it. Then when they found out it was one of the Milwaukee Bucks (Bobby Dandridge) everyone changed their mind. They got all excited at the thought of their kids playing basketball with him. He never did end up buying the house. Still it's amazing for me to think there was that intense level of racism in a Northern city like Milwaukee.
I remember "the Beatles era" and reaction of our parents for long hair, fashion...
Each generation has something specific which the older one doesn't like.

But my opinion about racism in the case of selling house is that those people ARE RACIST STILL. And if you are listening for example Fox TV you will see that is racism ALIVE all over in the USA.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The Mayfair incident was upsetting to me because I have nice memories of that mall when I was a kid living in Milwaukee. I remember there used to be an ice skating rink there near a McDonalds. You could eat and watch the skaters. Everything seemed so civilized back then. If you would have showed the Mayfair shoppers from that era scenes from the 2011 flash mob they would have been horrified at what the future would be like.

Racism and crime have never been dead. A good example of this is what happened at Northridge. At the time it was the 3rd most popular mall in the Milwaukee metro area, but the incident involving Jesse Anderson pretty much damaged its reputation. He murdered his wife then blamed it on Black gang members. It was later found that he murdered his wife, but it was too late. Enough people stopped going there that it pretty much went under.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee