Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 18,590 times

Advertisements

I have lived in the neighborhood east of 27th and layton ave for almost 20 years now. within the last two to three years there seems to have been a start and regular increase in prostitutes walking this area. I believe one of the reasons is because of the cameras that went up on national ave where this was a common problem. do I need to set up my own cameras to watch these young girls pace back and forth on this stretch of street to get it to stop? This is a neighborhood for god sakes! there are no bars or anything that would imply that this is the place for this. Who can I contact about this? Please help. Taxes are too high here for me to have to see this coming home from work and seeing all weekend long. If I cant get help on this I will have to resort to confronting the issue head on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 07:44 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Alderman Donovan - 8th District.

Also calling the cops actually does help, emailing or calling Dist.2 Milwaukee Police District Two. Call or notify Steven RINEBERG - Police Lieutenant-Late Shift. or contact Donald J.GAGLIONE - Police Captain of Dist.2.

Video taping is good just make sure it's good video and make sure you get license plate numbers via binoculars. The cameras went up on National.Ave and it had an instant drop off in crime and hoes went strolling more on Greenfield.Ave. There has been a push to install cameras on Greenfield as well. All we are doing is moving the problem, these people need to be stopped.

Setting up a sting operation is the only way this will stop or at least move out of the area, we need more cops and more people willing to take a stake in their neighborhood even if they are just renters.

Good Luck

PS: Chose your battles wisely, size up your opponent. I confront people all the time in Walker's Point about to commit crimes or just have, however I will not if I am over matched, then license plates and a witness is a good way to setup an arrest. Also call the non-emergency police number and tell them the situation and be very specific.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:09 AM

711 posts, read 1,688,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
All we are doing is moving the problem, these people need to be stopped.
That's like saying you shouldn't have a lock on your front door, because it won't stop a burglar... they'll just move on, right?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,241,080 times
Prostitution should be legal. The women are just trying to make a living and the men are just having a good time. They're not bothering anyone and both parties should just be left alone.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
That's like saying you shouldn't have a lock on your front door, because it won't stop a burglar... they'll just move on, right?
No. Don't try comparing prostitutes to burglars, bad parallel example. Just deal with the issue. We can play the what if game all night. I am just stating a fact that has been echoed by the police chief on this issue in this same neighborhood from a press conference he had a while back. There is only so much preventive maitnece you can do before you actually just have to fix the problem. I don't remember saying anything about burglary, I thought we were discussing ways to stop prostitution and I just listed all the ways the alderman and the police chief have suggested via email.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM

711 posts, read 1,688,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
No. Don't try comparing prostitutes to burglars, bad parallel example. Just deal with the issue. We can play the what if game all night. I am just stating a fact that has been echoed by the police chief on this issue in this same neighborhood from a press conference he had a while back. There is only so much preventive maitnece you can do before you actually just have to fix the problem. I don't remember saying anything about burglary, I thought we were discussing ways to stop prostitution and I just listed all the ways the alderman and the police chief have suggested via email.
Dodge it if you like, the crime doesn't matter... prevention vs inaction. You can't make crime disappear... you can make it more difficult though.

In my mind, making crime difficult = less crime.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:12 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,391,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Prostitution should be legal. The women are just trying to make a living and the men are just having a good time. They're not bothering anyone and both parties should just be left alone.
So you wouldn't have any problem with these folks walking up and down your street at all hours?

Yeah, prostitution is a victimless crime until some john beats the hell out of a woman, or her pimp kills a guy for non-payment.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:23 AM

7 posts, read 30,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
So you wouldn't have any problem with these folks walking up and down your street at all hours?

Yeah, prostitution is a victimless crime until some john beats the hell out of a woman, or her pimp kills a guy for non-payment.

Thing is, if it were legal, it would happen indoors and there would be security just like strip clubs. The illegality of it is what drove it into the streets and alleys.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM

10 posts, read 38,101 times
Sorry. If you will provide your address, I will have my girls move out of sight of your premesis.

In all seriousness, if you notify the police, they will take care of it. You're not close enough to the inner city that it can be swept under the rug.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:05 PM

8 posts, read 25,633 times
Have any of you people ever been to church?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee