Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:16 PM

7 posts, read 11,840 times

Advertisements

I am sorry 43north87west. Too much misleading assumption occured.
My daughter is in the progress sourcing target high school in Milwaukee. School will then express mail acceptance packet with I-20 if my daughter passed the placement test and interview.
Let me make the long story shorter.
Anyone can give me a contact/website of boarding school consultant for international student in Milwaukee?(Not exchange student of AFS for a semester or two but for 4-years high school education from grade 9 through grade 12)
It seems my fault trying to DIY a homestay through internet forum.
Thanks in advance.
Preaction
10/22/2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 08:03 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,678,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaction View Post
I am sorry 43north87west. Too much misleading assumption occured.
My daughter is in the progress sourcing target high school in Milwaukee. School will then express mail acceptance packet with I-20 if my daughter passed the placement test and interview.
Let me make the long story shorter.
Anyone can give me a contact/website of boarding school consultant for international student in Milwaukee?(Not exchange student of AFS for a semester or two but for 4-years high school education from grade 9 through grade 12)
It seems my fault trying to DIY a homestay through internet forum.
Thanks in advance.
Preaction
10/22/2012
I see. It is very difficult to converse using a translator program because many things do not get translated well. I apologize for misunderstanding but your posts were not clear and it appeared as if you were attempting to place your daughter in public school for 4 years, which is not possible because of our laws. (Some foreign people try to find friends or "distant relatives" in the United States so their children can live with them to get educated at taxpayer expense, although this is not technically legal.)

If your daughter is applying to private school, then she can stay for 4 years.

Unfortunately I am not aware of any resources that could be of assistance, as it seems almost all exchange students are hosted through businesses or organizations whose purpose is to locate and match students with families. Most of these organizations have representatives (usually teachers) that work in area schools, and that is why I recommend that you would work with the school or ask if they could recommend some people to help you.

If you don't have the ability to come to the US yourself to meet with prospective families, it might be a help to have someone here in the US who knows how to interview families, and the things that make a family suitable for a new member of the family. I wish I could help you but I really think that your best resource is the school itself. Schools are in need of tuition right now, so if your daughter is accepted, the school might be motivated to make sure you get a host family for your daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: