Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,387 times

Advertisements

Mass shooting reported in Wisconsin: 3 dead, 4 wounded, suspect remains at large, police say | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

3 confirmed dead. Looking for "black suspect still on the loose".

My family goes to this spa. I hope the cops man-up and take out this piece of trash before he utters one breath of explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 03:52 PM

848 posts, read 1,952,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Mass shooting reported in Wisconsin: 3 dead, 4 wounded, suspect remains at large, police say | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

My family goes to this spa. I hope the cops man-up and take out this piece of trash before he utters one breath of explanation.
ITA!

the news reports haven't been detailed yet, but I can't help but wonder if this was yet another shooting after a restraining order was issued. I guess we'll find out soon.

Edited to add: Very soon. I just read the linked article. WHEN are judges going to take these restraining orders seriously?

Last edited by Creek Hollow; 10-21-2012 at 04:16 PM..

Old 10-22-2012, 02:01 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,991 times
I read that the killer was from Brown Deer. He was my exact age. That kind of bothers me. The first house I lived in as a child was in Brown Deer. I have very fond memories of it. My impression was that kind, civilized, non-violent people lived in Brown Deer at the time, I remember our wonderful neighbors. we didn't have mass killers living near us. It makes me sad to think that a Brown Deer resident was associated with horrific violence.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post

First of all, what does him being Black have anything to do with his crime? He did whatever he did out of stupidity and rage.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I read that the killer was from Brown Deer. He was my exact age. That kind of bothers me. The first house I lived in as a child was in Brown Deer. I have very fond memories of it. My impression was that kind, civilized, non-violent people lived in Brown Deer at the time, I remember our wonderful neighbors. we didn't have mass killers living near us. It makes me sad to think that a Brown Deer resident was associated with horrific violence.
I could understand that sentiments. When I looked at the picture of the killer, I was thinking "Crap. Now I'm going to deal with some embarrassment because of his crime". I'm not talking about anything tied to Brown Deer.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM

848 posts, read 1,952,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
First of all, what does him being Black have anything to do with his crime? He did whatever he did out of stupidity and rage.
At that point he was assumed still on the loose. Describing him as black was an identifier, along with the description of the clothing he was wearing, as well as his height and guessed weight. IMHO, the more detailed the description the more likely the suspect will be identified. Race should not be omitted from that description.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
At that point he was assumed still on the loose. Describing him as black was an identifier, along with the description of the clothing he was wearing, as well as his height and guessed weight. IMHO, the more detailed the description the more likely the suspect will be identified. Race should not be omitted from that description.
I read the article and I saw the picture. It's easy to figure out that he's Black. Also, I never saw anything in the article that said "black suspect still on the loose". This was something the OP interjected. Also, the person who did the shooting is already dead. If it was really about locating the suspect, it would have been done like this:

Suspect, age, race/ethnicity, height, weight, with the picture if available. However it was expressed as "black suspect still on the loose". It sounded more like a shot at Black people rather than a description.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:00 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Quote:
I read the article and I saw the picture. It's easy to figure out that he's Black. Also, I never saw anything in the article that said "black suspect still on the loose". This was something the OP interjected. Also, the person who did the shooting is already dead. If it was really about locating the suspect, it would have been done like this:

Suspect, age, race/ethnicity, height, weight, with the picture if available. However it was expressed as "black suspect still on the loose". It sounded more like a shot at Black people rather than a description.
They did it exactly like you said above, not in the newspapers but if you were watching the local news or listening to the local radio you would have heard the description in the way you listed above.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
They did it exactly like you said above, not in the newspapers but if you were watching the local news or listening to the local radio you would have heard the description in the way you listed above.
That was all I asked. That is how it is in the newspapers and the radio. What I heard from the OP sounded more like a crass comment directed at Blacks, most likely motivated by prejudice mixed with anger.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:10 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Quote:
That was all I asked. That is how it is in the newspapers and the radio. What I heard from the OP sounded more like a crass comment directed at Blacks, most likely motivated by prejudice mixed with anger.
Well at first they didn't report much and kept quiet for most of the day and at times only said they were looking for a 6'2 black man wearing jeans and a gray sweatshirt, which even that doesn't narrow it down even in that area of Milwaukee. But enough of this who cares what race he was, these mass shootings are just crazy and sad and have been happening more often and in Wisconsin. I have been to that spa numerous times and so have many of my friends and just last week my friend was there with his wife for their anniversary. As they say, you just never know anymore, it can happen anytime and anywhere. When I used to listen to my police scanner a lot before it went digital for MPD, 98% of the calls were for domestic disputes either between family, friends or husband and wife. So many times a call would come in for a DD and the cops would be back at the same house 3 times that night or when I was listening it was always happening at the same houses. There is nothing we can do about this unfortunately, when someone who wants to commit mass murder nothing is going to stop them not even a meaningless restraint order. My prayers go out to the families affected and now the 2 kids that don't have their father or mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee