Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,445,757 times

Advertisements

I love the apartment building I live in, however there are not enough parking spaces for all tenants and I am not able to get a parking space. I used to rent a space from the apartment next door but was recently kicked out (new tenants moved in who wanted the space). The next nearest space for rent I could find was half a mile away from my apartment - not very convenient! The problem I have is that I really only use my car two days per week (walk to work) so it needs to be parked somewhere 24 hours per day, which is darn near impossible to find parking in Shorewood. Can anyone recommend where to look to find spots for rent? I've checked with the Village but they only have one 24-hour parking lot and its nearly a mile away from my apartment. I comb craigslist everyday to no avail. Anywhere else I can look or anything else I can do? It would be great if I could find a spot somewhere closer to my apartment but I don't know where to look. Surely a lot of people in Shorewood must have a parking problem too? I don't even ever see parking for rent signs anywhere though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 07:53 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Parking has always been a nightmare in Shorewood.

It's been years since I lived there, but they used to sell parking permits and allow you to park in the school parking lots, but you had to move your car out by 7:30 a.m.

What about putting up flyers on store bulletin boards?
Maybe a private citizen would allow you to park in their driveway?

Old 11-01-2012, 06:50 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
I would start talking to local businesses that have a lot and see if you can lease one, ask landlords or property managers of other buildings that have lots if you see a house with alley parking for 4 and only uses 1 or 2 ask if you can lease a spot. If no luck well welcome to urban living it's what you make of it.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,445,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I would start talking to local businesses that have a lot and see if you can lease one, ask landlords or property managers of other buildings that have lots if you see a house with alley parking for 4 and only uses 1 or 2 ask if you can lease a spot. If no luck well welcome to urban living it's what you make of it.
Good ideas. I think this parking problem is more of a village-created problem (2 hr limit everywhere) than an actual urban living problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee