Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 03:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post
Because your sources are bullcrap.There is no coincidence that the same communities who face mass discrimination,unemployment and poverty are the very same communties who have mass violence and crime.Gangs are not the main source of these problems.
Hilarious how you dismiss my sources without even knowing what they are. Thank you for illustrating my point for me within minutes.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:19 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,714,750 times
Quote:
Because your sources are bullcrap.
Hey brewtown12 -

Good to have you back in the Milwaukee forums!

Dude, you are criticizing sources? Your one source is some biased editorial hatchet job written by one Milwaukee Journal Sent. writer in like 2003 that you keep dragging out over and over again.

As Drover pointed out, we - and many others - here have gone over this again and again with you. No need to keep arguing it out. You won't agree with any of us - male, female, black, white, Asian, or Bud Selig himself - and we won't agree with you, so let's not do this all again.

You go on the Ignore List...now!

Old 11-08-2007, 05:03 PM

236 posts, read 615,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Hilarious how you dismiss my sources without even knowing what they are. Thank you for illustrating my point for me within minutes.

Any source that tells you that 'gangs' are the main source of crime in milwaukee are not dealing with reality.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:05 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Any source that tells you that 'gangs' are the main source of crime in milwaukee are not dealing with reality.
Yeah yeah, we know. You are right and the world is wrong except those who validate that you are right. We got the message already. Now, will you please go thread-hijack on some other forum? Thanks.

Last edited by Drover; 11-08-2007 at 05:13 PM..

Old 11-08-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yeah yeah, we know. You are right and the world is wrong except those who validate that you are right. We got the message already. Now, will you please go thread-hijack on some other forum? Thanks.

So white america's treatment and outlook on black America is ''right''?

It could be argued that you are the thread hijacker,being from another city and trying to tell me the problem within Milwaukee.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:26 PM

Remove the gangs and you still have a community where jobs are scarce and families are broken up or non existent.The problem still exists,and more gangs will sprout up to replace the ones that have been removed.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
I totally agree any city that there are not a lot of economic opportunities are going to have a really high crime rate. Milwaukee barely has any good jobs anymore. It is so sad, and Milwaukee's youth have no guidance or stability at all. They are surrounded by violence all the time. They have no role models or leaders at home to show them the right path to take in life.

^^^^correct.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:34 AM

3 posts, read 6,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle29 View Post
I have lived in Milwaukee my whole life (I'm 29) on the east and northwest side of Milwaukee and although I'm comfortable here, I just can't take ignorant people living here.

I don't believe Milwaukee is segregated because of color, I think it's segrgated based on who have money and who doesn't and those who don't have much money seems to not want more for themselves.

I see young men who don't seem to care about anything in life and girls who think being a ***** is a way of life. I know it's in every city but because Milwaukee is so small, it seems like most of the community acts this way.

You can't keep a club open for no more than a month without idiots shooting each other.

For some reason here people think being ghetto is a good thing. I have been dissed so much by people because of the way I talk or act.

I understand the job situations in this city but finishing school is one way to accomplish something with your life. I saw my parents struggle very hard yet they still manage to feed their family. So I have some sympathy for some who have criminal records but are trying to get a good decent job or for single mothers doing it without assistantance. But imo, that's a small number of people. The majority act like they are owned something and don't even try to achieve anything with their life. They look at music videos and think they are suppose to have what the rappers have and instead of working for it they would rather rob or kill someone for it.

It's sad and I think it's time for me to leave.

WOW...YOUR NOT VERY SMART...CHICAGO IS WORSE THAN MILWAUKEE. AND NEW YORK AINT VERY GOOD EITHER. BUT IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR KIDS TO
GET INTO TROUBLE THAN THE BEST THING IS TO LEAVE. YOUR RIGHT THE SAD TRUTH IS MILWAUKEE IS NO LONGER A SAFE CITY.YOU HAVE TO BE TOUGH TO LIVE HERE. YOU CANT WALK THE STREET ANYMORE WITHOUT YOU HAVING TO BE READY FOR SOMEONE TO ROB YOU OR FIGHT YOU OR SOMETIMES SOMETHING WORSE. I LIVED ON 27TH AND HADLEY FOR 3 YEARS. IN ALL THE TIME I LIVED THERE I COULDNT TELL YOU HOW MANY WHITE SHEETS IVE SEEN WITH DEAD BODIES UNDER THEM. LAST YEAR IN THAT AREA ALONE HAD 46 MURDERS. THAT AREA ALONE. I8 SUGGEST YOU SHOULD MOVE TO PORTLAND,OR. THATS A BIG CITY WITH BARELY ANY PROBLEMS. BUT MILWAUKEE IS GETTING BAD. IT WENT FROM 127 ON THE CRIME LIST TO 32 IN THE PAST 10 YEARS. THIS CITY IS GETTING WORSE AND PRETTY SOON IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT DETROIT. SO IF YOU DO WANT TO LIVE IN MIWAUKEE BE READY. JUS A HEADS UP.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:18 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,562 times
I dont see how "white america's" treatment and outlook of "black america" is so bad. Thats in the past. Now we deal with the consequences of people in our past. The white community constantly being accused of looking down on the black community even when they're not, often they are just in fear of it. In fear of being accused of something they did not do/say. In fear of violence. In fear of being Physically hurt, be it being beaten up or worse, perhaps being shot. This is such a tired topic. "White america" in general does not simply look down on "black america" simply because of their skin color or some old world theory. They fear for their safety.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:17 PM

17 posts, read 40,464 times
I kinda agree with the a-team. I'm a 24 year old 6'4'' black man who had to cut his braids off to get a job. I tend to scare white people until they get to know me! It's kinda funny really. I work in Germantown, and if I go to the gas station and hold the door for someone, 9 times out of 10, they'll tell me to go ahead! Especially older females. But, with the news showing murder after murder, can you blame them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee