Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,184 times

Advertisements

I've been living in Milwaukee for a year now. I tend to mind my P's and Q's and don't really get lost. There was one time before I moved here and I got directions from my buddy in Tosa on how to get back to the highway from Mayfair mall I believe. Somehow we ended up on Lisbon Ave. on the NW side. Good googly moogly was I nervous. Cops at every corner, it did look like something in a "movie".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 07:45 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,804,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpratt View Post
I've been living in Milwaukee for a year now. I tend to mind my P's and Q's and don't really get lost. There was one time before I moved here and I got directions from my buddy in Tosa on how to get back to the highway from Mayfair mall I believe. Somehow we ended up on Lisbon Ave. on the NW side. Good googly moogly was I nervous. Cops at every corner, it did look like something in a "movie".

the NW where, NW lisbon ave is pretty nice, the NW would be anything far north and west but for some reason MKE geography is screwed. you must was talking about Lisbon east of 50th street

29th and wells is called the west side smh

Old 07-24-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkaueeWisconsin View Post
I would say North ave 1st to 43rd st is a bad part and 1st and 35th are worse
try again

Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,047,504 times
Quote:
I'm confused, why would "cops on every corner" make you nervous? Shouldn't that have put your fears to rest? Do you think somebody's going to carjack you when there are police all over the place?

Old 07-25-2010, 01:48 PM

88 posts, read 214,034 times
Quote:
When will this silliness stop?

Old 07-26-2010, 02:03 PM

42 posts, read 100,741 times
think about it......

we sure have come full circle

in the early 1900's if a black person went in white area, oh my

now they can, and go unharmed

but if a white guy goes in a not so hot black area, well, flip a coin

although racism is there,, nowadays i feel its the blacks who really keep it alive

Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 PM

88 posts, read 214,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel123 View Post
think about it......

although racism is there,, nowadays i feel its the blacks who really keep it alive

I guess this silliness won't stop anytime soon.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:18 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,047,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel123 View Post
think about it......

Why do you people insist on being ridiculous?

If you honestly think Black people are savages and are going to attack you simply for being white, then please stay the hell away from Milwaukee and go lock yourself in a bomb shelter somewhere in Waukesha County. You'll be plenty safe there.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 AM

196 posts, read 471,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Why do you people insist on being ridiculous?

If you honestly think Black people are savages and are going to attack you simply for being white, then please stay the hell away from Milwaukee and go lock yourself in a bomb shelter somewhere in Waukesha County. You'll be plenty safe there.
LMFAO! Me loves the way you take it to em' You da' boss, baby!!

Last edited by AmericanHistory09; 07-27-2010 at 12:29 AM..

Old 07-27-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:

also theres a police station there.
and 2 you could have gotten on the expressway way south of mayfair rd/north ave heading east towards downtown or west to waukesha and west of mayfair rd heading north south which is 894 i believe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee