U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 12:36 AM

4 posts, read 7,566 times

Advertisements

Hi
I will be relocating to Milwaukee from India in mid of June.
I will be working for Johnson Controls out of their N LYDELL AVE office.
Could someone please point me out good apartments to rent in or around that area ? I am interested in 1 BR apartments.
I have done some research and have found out good areas nearby such as Shorewood, Glendale, Fox Point, Whitefish Bay.

I would also like to know about the public transportation in Milwaukee. Is this office on the bus line ?
Are there any buses that go from the above mentioned areas to North Lydell ave ?

Thank you so much for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM

3 posts, read 5,087 times
Welcome to the city. If you're a young professional, you're gonna love it here!

What is the exact address of the office? Here is a system map of the Milwaukee bus line http://www.ridemcts.com/docs/default...p.pdf?sfvrsn=2

What is your price range for rent? Shorewood and Whitefish Bay are some expensive but very nice areas, so apartments can get pricey.

Two of your best tools for apartment hunting are https://www.padmapper.com/ and Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.

In Whitefish Bay, Bay Village is very nice if you like townhouses Karademas Management - Whitefish Bay
Village of Shorewood is another option, although I have read some spotty reviews online Karademas Management - East Brook Village - Shorewood, WI

But like I asked before, what kind of apartment would you like? What's your price range? One or two bedroom?

Another thing you could check out is purchasing a bike. Milwaukee is a bike-friendly city and your commute time wouldn't be too much longer on bike.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:20 PM

Thanks Radeona for the information.

The exact office address is 5055 N LYDELL AVE
MILWAUKEE, WI 53217-5531

I am married with no kids so 1 BR apartment will suffice us. I would not like to go beyond $1000 per month.
My wife won't be working for a while so its good to have an apartment near to parks, shops and malls.

I will be getting a car but it will take time to find one. So it would be good to get an apartment either near to office or on a bus line.

Do you have any idea about good apartments in shorewood area. I heard that park village and estabrook heights are good.

Thanks for your help!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:33 PM

545 posts, read 1,081,648 times
That's actually Glendale. Just north of Silver Spring and basically on Green Bay Ave. I live just north of JCI. I'd rent you my condo on Good Hope and Green Bay for much less than your budget, but our condo board doesn't allow it. I digress...

Anyways, there are a few apartment buildings on Green Bay just north of Green Tree that look OK (nothing special, but OK). There are also a number on Mill Rd just west of Green Bay. Both would be very close to work and Bayshore Town Center. Personally, I'd look more towards Whitefish Bay but still in Glendale. There are a few complexes around Hampton & Port Washington Rds. There are three large county parks right there and it's just down the road from Bayshore Town Center. There are also some pretty decent townhome rentals in Whitefish Bay, specifically just north of Hampton and west of Santa Monica. Shorewood is nice too, but your dollar isn't going to go as far there. I know the area well, so if you have any other questions feel free to ask. Welcome to town and good luck!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 PM

Thanks Brian! The information was very helpful.
I have been looking for apartments in whitefish bay, shorewood, glendale, but haven't been able to decide as there aren't many reviews available. Everyone says that these areas are good, but I am not sure which apartments are good.

Could you please name a few good apartments that you consider worth checking out?

Thanks!

Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 PM

311 posts, read 536,287 times
The apartments in the area are mediocre but not too bad. They're all about the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or