Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 AM

8 posts, read 15,795 times

Advertisements

Happy holidays everyone! I had posted earlier looking for advice on where to rent as I am moving to Milwaukee to work in July. I have looked at the responses I got and also looked at responses to other threads with a similar question. At this time, I have decided to look in one of the suburbs that seem to be popular, such as Brookfield, Elm Grove, New Berlin, Hales Corners, Greenfield, Oak Creek, Franklin, Mequon, Wauwatosa, Bayside, Whitefish Bay etc - I have no preference at this time. I am looking for at least a 3-bed because I have a boy and a girl who need separate rooms. The search has been totally frustrating so far. I have searched craigslist, I have googled, I have tried the home rental sites such as rent.com and homes.com. 3 and 4 beds seem to be at a premium and when they become available, they go really fast. Does anyone have some other suggestions about how I can find a place? Does anyone know a rental agent local to these areas? If you do, please let me know as I'm getting worried at this stage. Thanks!

Last edited by Dizzy7575; 05-27-2013 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Make a little change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 09:44 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Have you tried padmapper, or posting your needs on craigslist?

Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 AM

No I haven't tried those. I would have a look at padmapper and I would also put a post on craigslist. Thank you very much.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 PM

156 posts, read 351,087 times
I would suggest contacting Milwaukee Apartment Finders as well to assist in your search.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:46 AM

OK thank you Ralph Shinners. I would try that.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:03 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Here is one resource I found useful when I lived in the area: GMTODAY.com - Greater Milwaukee Today, Online News for You!

Old 05-29-2013, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 6,014 times
Zillow.com is the best site to find a rental property. Will give you a better snapshot of what you can expect in the area and will give you a rating for the schools with test scores and reviews from the community. I am sure you will find something, Wisconsin is great, but I would still try to fly in to view the properties before committing to one.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:25 PM

Hi everyone? Thanks for your replies. I just found a place I like in Pewaukee. I checked out the schools in the area and they seem to be great. Commute to Milwaukee would be a bit long but I think I can handle it. Thanks again!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:56 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy7575 View Post
Hi everyone? Thanks for your replies. I just found a place I like in Pewaukee. I checked out the schools in the area and they seem to be great. Commute to Milwaukee would be a bit long but I think I can handle it. Thanks again!
I lived there for 8 years, it was a very nice place to live. Schools are very good indeed. The lakefront is so nice now days.

FYI there is a bus, CoachUSA that passes through Pewaukee each day. The main stop is at the Park so some can use it as a park-n-ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee