U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 11:39 AM

156 posts, read 266,811 times

Advertisements

I can't wait to check out the new Three Bridges park. Did anyone in city-data land pay a visit yet?

It looks like a great addition to the city.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 12:28 PM

7,678 posts, read 18,905,816 times
No I haven't, it doesn't look that good right now since it's not finished, technically it's finished but if you remember Lake Shore State Park you'll recall they opened before the grass had fully grown and the wild areas have grown. So as it looks now it looks nothing like the renderings for 3 bridges park. It still almost looks like a construction site. I have seen picutres of the grand opening and it just doesn't look good yet. The areas where grass is supposed to be it's either still all dirt or hay. It won't probably look good until next year when all the flowers and grass has grown.

But yeah it will be nice once it's all grown in and the trees have bloomed.

Three Bridges Park opens - Pictures

Old 07-21-2013, 12:32 PM

As a biker I wish they would link it up with the Hank Aaron again instead of ending of Mitchell Park or they could have it follow the tracks down into Walker's Point. Going by commuting patterns I don't think many will take that leg since it kinda dead ends in Mitchell Park unless you plan on going north on 27th St or south to Pierce or National Ave which is not a pretty or safe bike ride in terms of pot holes and cars and semis driving down National. Nonetheless I like 3 bridges but I still think they could have made it better.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:39 PM

Yeah fair point about the grass and trees not being in yet. Milwaukee City I was pleased that it does in fact link up with Hank Aaron. It never occurred to me that it would be important that it loop back to HA, but I a not a big biker.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:40 PM

It's not even worth looking at it in this state, they should have waited until next year to do a Grand Opening but like I said they did the same thing at Lake Shore State Park and even Discovery World where the place was still under construction.

anyone make it to the new Three Bridges park-1077651_569381236436573_239165322_o.jpg

Old 07-21-2013, 05:58 PM

Hey Milwaukee City I ended up making it over to Three Bridges park. Put it this way, there was enough novelty, with the view of downtown, the bridges, the river, the hills, and the rail yard that it kept my kids interest even though there is no playground. A lot of people were biking on the trail as well. Coincidentally at the west entrance to the park there was a gathering of local food trucks, and best of all Adam Richman of Man Vs. Food stopped by to film while we were there. I read that he spent a lot of time with Brewer tailgaters this weekend while filming for his new show.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Shinners View Post
Hey Milwaukee City I ended up making it over to Three Bridges park. Put it this way, there was enough novelty, with the view of downtown, the bridges, the river, the hills, and the rail yard that it kept my kids interest even though there is no playground. A lot of people were biking on the trail as well. Coincidentally at the west entrance to the park there was a gathering of local food trucks, and best of all Adam Richman of Man Vs. Food stopped by to film while we were there. I read that he spent a lot of time with Brewer tailgaters this weekend while filming for his new show.
Wow that's pretty cool, yeah I saw him on the Brewers telecast. Good Timing! Now as somewhat as a rail nut I am excited to get back down there on that side of the tracks, I haven't been there in that little section since the old Milwaukee Road abandoned buildings where there. I used to photograph the trains back in the day like 1995/1998. I spent many a times walking train tracks to get nice photos. I'll check it out this week when all the hoopla settles down. It's nice to see the put in a kayak launch. Something that is on my Milwaukee bucket list, to kayak all the Milwaukee waterways.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:36 PM

Milwaukee City did you ever get chased out of the RR yard when taking pictures? I used to jog through there in the 90's and recall being hollered at by a RR employee.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Shinners View Post
Milwaukee City did you ever get chased out of the RR yard when taking pictures? I used to jog through there in the 90's and recall being hollered at by a RR employee.
Plenty of times, remember back in the 90's graffiti was a horrible problem in Milwaukee and especially on the near south side, parts of the near south side resembled Queens in the 80's. They always assumed I was there to paint but pulled out my camera and depending on the guy and his mood for that day, it was either yell at me to get out of there or politely remind me that it is private property. After awhile I just got smart and started to hide when the train cops came around, or they would walk right past me on the other side of a train and once they left I continued on walking or taking pictures. I can see why bum's like riding the rails, train yards and track tracks can be very peaceful places in the middle of a city.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:08 PM

Wow, yeah that is so true, it was just kind of an escape, that's why I loved jogging around there.

I remember on one of those jogs I somehow ended up in the utility right of way that is just west of 35th and immediately south of I-94 where those big electrical towers are.

I got out of there pretty quickly, but it was pretty amusing to check out a kind of high profile forbidden area.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=3500+...179.69,,0,5.72
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee