Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 03:14 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,889,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Education & Jobs... Not happening as long as Walker is around.
More than half of politically-active Wisconsinites seems to disagree with you on multiple occasions. Walker managed to win the elections more than once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 07:45 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
More than half of politically-active Wisconsinites seems to disagree with you on multiple occasions. Walker managed to win the elections more than once.
And I did my part in trying to prevent that.

His massive cuts to education and track record of failing to create jobs speaks for itself.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 PM

223 posts, read 391,697 times
Quote:
And? Walker has failed by every measurable standard to live up to the promises he made of more jobs and a better economy. There's a reason Milwaukee has always voted overwhelmingly against him.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKEastsider View Post
And? Walker has failed by every measurable standard to live up to the promises he made of more jobs and a better economy. There's a reason Milwaukee has always voted overwhelmingly against him.
My hunting buddies have a rule to never argue about politics, religion or nationality, and to argue about summer sausage recipes, (and you got the idea).

Old 07-10-2015, 09:56 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
My hunting buddies have a rule to never argue about politics, religion or nationality, and to argue about summer sausage recipes, (and you got the idea).
Then why are you talking about politics on here?

Old 07-10-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Then why are you talking about politics on here?
I just brought a point, that Walker is still popular. Don't want to argue, at least in this thread, whether he is good or bad governor.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:25 PM

223 posts, read 391,697 times
Except this is the forum for Milwaukee, where Walker has never been popular.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:20 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,252,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltown414 View Post
So to answer my question, is the north side a lot of hype but in reality a white guy like me could walk around and even live in most parts of the north sides as long as I just mind my own business and use common sense?
Not unless you wanna always be on your guard and personally I don't think it matters if you are white or black or whatever...answer is the same. If that's your definition of walking around and living then have at it.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:19 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,528,416 times
Quote:
I just brought a point, that Walker is still popular. Don't want to argue, at least in this thread, whether he is good or bad governor.
His latest polls show him in the 30th percentile and falling - he is "still popular" with an increasingly marginalized 1/3 of the voting population, and even they are backing away slowly. He's certainly not "still popular" with most in the state.

And, as mentioned above, this is the Milwaukee forum, where his approval is even lower than in the rest of the state.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 706 times
Hey guys, I had to chime in....

First of all, I'm a 6'4 300lb black guy. I've lived on the north side of the mil for my whole life. I must say, I can't wait to get out of here!!!! The city isn't the same.

When I was a child, i was able to roam the streets with my friends until the street lights came on, but now, I'm afraid to let my kids out of my sight!!!

With that being said, I'm sure that my size alone has prevented plenty on bad things from happening to me. I mind my own business, and others mind theirs. However, I've seen things that nobody should see in their lifetime. I've lost numerous friends and family members to gun violence and prison. I've also heard MANY stories about muggings, rapes, and now...carjackings!!! I don't live in fear based on my size alone, but I'm still VERY vigilant and I pay very close attention to my surroundings. A bullet doesn't care about my size!!! Luckily in my 36 years here, I've only had my team jacket taken from me when I was twelve...thats a whole story in itself lol...most of it was my own fault!!!

This city does have beautiful parts, but most involve the lake front area (lower east side). My advice to anyone thinking about a move to Milwaukee, DON'T DO IT!!!! You will most likely get stuck here!!! DO NOT MOVE TO THE NORTH SIDE PERIOD!!!! This is not Happy Days or Laverne and Shirley!!! If you are black, the north side is where "we" are....don't do it!!! Check out the most segregated cities in America on google, you'll be shocked. You won't be able to venture out of the north side without running the risk of being harassed by the police!!! If you're white, just don't move to the north side and you should be fine. The lower east side is most likely where you want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee