U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 07:08 AM

38,462 posts, read 28,466,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Milwaukee and Wisconsin itself is one of the coldest areas in the world.
Just watched a ducumentary about it.
Horse bleep.

If you consider JUST continental America it might.

What is this "documentary"?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 07:20 AM

4,941 posts, read 5,996,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Horse bleep.

What is this "documentary"?
Someone says something you don't want to hear or never heard before and you get all mad

Can't remember name - it was on PBS. I was just flipping thru the channels...

It wasn't specifically about Wisconsin.
It was about cold areas in general.
I remember them saying Wisconsin was colder than some area I want to say in Russia.. where I was surprised.. they talked about why it was so windy in Wisconsin and other facts that made sense. (Like that the weather changes every 4 days)

I grew up there. I left because of the cold.

Other than WI, ND, MN, the UP, western Michigan, and northern Iowa, IL, IN... the rest of the country doesn't get nearly as bitter cold on a regular basis.

But back to the OP.. go out and check out other places.
You may find your Shangri la somewhere else, or find yourself back in Wisconsin.

Last edited by cfbs2691; 01-10-2017 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: add

Old 01-10-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Someone says something you don't want to hear or never heard before and you get all mad

Can't remember name - it was on PBS. I was just flipping thru the channels...

It wasn't specifically about Wisconsin.
It was about cold areas in general.
I remember them saying Wisconsin was colder than some area I want to say in Russia.. where I was surprised.. they talked about why it was so windy in Wisconsin and other facts that made sense. (Like that the weather changes every 4 days)

I grew up there. I left because of the cold.

Other than WI, ND, MN, the UP, western Michigan, and northern Iowa, IL, IN... the rest of the country doesn't get nearly as bitter cold on a regular basis.

But back to the OP.. go out and check out other places.
You may find your Shangri la somewhere else, or find yourself back in Wisconsin.

I just don't buy it. I'm calling BS because it doesn't make sense. Many if not most of the major cities of Canada are colder than Milwaukee. And other than 7 states you mentioned... and you forgot Maine, VT (lived in Northern VT, gets just as bitter) and Alaska, so, there we have 20% of the states. And then you want to say it is one of the coldest places on the planet? Please. No. You have to provide some backing to that claim.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I just don't buy it. I'm calling BS because it doesn't make sense. Many if not most of the major cities of Canada are colder than Milwaukee. And other than 7 states you mentioned... and you forgot Maine, VT (lived in Northern VT, gets just as bitter) and Alaska, so, there we have 20% of the states. And then you want to say it is one of the coldest places on the planet? Please. No. You have to provide some backing to that claim.
I don't have to defend myself to some random troll/bully.

I know what I saw/heard.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I don't have to defend myself to some random troll/bully.

I know what I saw/heard.
Defend yourself? I just asked for what documentary this was. You made a strong claim without any backing. Wow, tough question!

Old 01-10-2017, 08:42 AM

2,190 posts, read 1,845,339 times
Quote:
Milwaukee and Wisconsin itself is one of the coldest areas in the world.
Just watched a ducumentary about it.
It's not colder than Minnesota... and Minnesota isn't one of the 10 coldest livable places in the world either. Your documentary is either wrong or misunderstood. Compare Wisconsin to Siberia or mark that Moscow got -30F this winter (and it is not one of the coldest areas in the world either).

Old 01-10-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
It's not colder than Minnesota... and Minnesota isn't one of the 10 coldest livable places in the world either. Your documentary is either wrong or misunderstood. Compare Wisconsin to Siberia or mark that Moscow got -30F this winter (and it is not one of the coldest areas in the world either).
Please re-read my posts.. didn't say it was colder than Minnesota.

I just offered information that I heard watching a show.. had no idea I'd be quizzed on my tv watching later. Or called a liar.

Had I known this was going to be a blow out... rather than trying to help the OP, I'd have never said a thing.

Enjoy your balmy weather today!

Old 01-10-2017, 08:50 AM

I was born and raised in Siberia/Russia... Southern part of it, where it is warm. We would get -40F for a couple of weeks in January every year... and we would have to walk to work, or use public transportation (and wait for it on a bus stop for some length of time).

Now, I don't call it coldest, because other areas, such as Northern Siberia (near Yakutsk) would have lower temperatures for longer times, and just north of where I lived would have it. So would have Alaska and some places in Canada. I am certain that some Northern China (where Gobi desert is) and Tibet is colder as well... I can agree that mountainous areas in Montana and Northern Dakota might be as cold as places I used to grow up... But please, don't tell me Wisconsin is cold (or Milwaukee - the warmest place in WI) is one of the coldest places on earth.... I believe more that Chicago is colder because of the wind chill (but I don't live in Chicago - I can believe anything about it), but not about Milwaukee/Wisconsin - I live here and can compare.

> Enjoy your balmy weather today!

I love my weather cold and snow deep and crunchy.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I was born and raised in Siberia/Russia... Southern part of it, where it is warm. We would get -40F for a couple of weeks in January every year... and we would have to walk to work, or use public transportation (and wait for it on a bus stop for some length of time).

Now, I don't call it coldest, because other areas, such as Northern Siberia (near Yakutsk) would have lower temperatures for longer times, and just north of where I lived would have it. So would have Alaska and some places in Canada. I am certain that some Northern China (where Gobi desert is) and Tibet is colder as well... I can agree that mountainous areas in Montana and Northern Dakota might be as cold as places I used to grow up... But please, don't tell me Wisconsin is cold (or Milwaukee - the warmest place in WI) is one of the coldest places on earth.... I believe more that Chicago is colder because of the wind chill (but I don't live in Chicago - I can believe anything about it), but not about Milwaukee/Wisconsin - I live here and can compare.

> Enjoy your balmy weather today!

I love my weather cold and snow deep and crunchy.
Again, I didn't claim to be a meteorologist..just repeated what I saw on a show.

VERY interesting that you were born/raised in Siberia though!
What took you to Wisconsin?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
What took you to Wisconsin?
Good weather, beautiful city, low cost of living, good paying job... What else to desire?
Now, I lived in Boston and in Los Angeles too... Each place has its own advantages and disadvantages. I was doing great in each of those places and remembered to tolerate bad things because they often come as a result of things you consider good. I love travelling and visited most states by car. So, if you don't like it here - take a road trip and see if you could find a better place for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or