Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,851 times

Advertisements

okay so... im moving to humbolt and capital on SATURDAY this saturday..if all goes well itss me and my friend were 2 young girls. and i was wondering wat kind of area it is everyone keep tellin me "its sooo badddd" but i used tohand out about 2 miles away alot but 2 miles is 2 miles in milwaukee yu kno!? but i dont think its bad at all let me know!!??? so i dont know any comments ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
Because the old adage, "a picture is worth a thousand words" is very true, why not take a look?

Take a drive through the area using Google Maps. First select "street view", then click on a street and it will bring up a camera view of a car driving through the neighborhood at street level. Once on that view, you can click forwards, backwards, spin around, whatever. It shows every street and every single address in the whole city, basically. A great way to see the neighborhood and the people in it.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:09 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
It's a little rough around there, but not the worst in the city by any means. Lot's of young people live in River West, which runs along Humboldt to the south of there. It's a bit more desolate up by Capital Drive, however. I hope you will have a car! You'll be awfully close to the Shorewood border as well.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:52 AM

216 posts, read 589,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahmarie View Post
okay so... im moving to humbolt and capital on SATURDAY this saturday..if all goes well itss me and my friend were 2 young girls. and i was wondering wat kind of area it is everyone keep tellin me "its sooo badddd" but i used tohand out about 2 miles away alot but 2 miles is 2 miles in milwaukee yu kno!? but i dont think its bad at all let me know!!??? so i dont know any comments ??
Personally, I wouldn't recommend it...There are many better places to choose from...

Old 03-14-2008, 10:24 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
I wouldn't move there, go a little bit more south & a little more east & you'll be perfect. Everyone keeps saying Riverwest is such an up & coming neighborhood, sorry I don't buy it. I know people who live there & the crime is still up. If you must, then fine move there, but once you get your bearings, definitely get out of there.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:51 AM

7 posts, read 19,030 times
It's certainly not the most dangerous part of the city, but I would not feel safe there, at least at night, anyway.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:32 PM

3 posts, read 11,313 times
I would not move there. A lot of great things are happening in Riverwest, but that specific location is not part of it. There are MANY places on the east side that are nicer, safer, more fun, and probably the same money. Look in the Brady Street area. I lived there for years and loved it. Close to everything.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:03 AM

395 posts, read 1,860,436 times
I would have no problem living there, though it would not be my first choice. The Capitol/Humboldt intersection is mainly apartment buildings that are not the nicest places in the world.

By the time you've read all these responses, you've probably already moved. You should be alright. Don't go out wandering around by yourself at night. Aside from that, you really should be fine.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:04 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,801,042 times
Everyone here pretty much has you covered. Head either S, SE, E, or NE from where you are and you will be better off and happier. I literally know a girl who moved by herself from out of town into same apt area and did ok but did move first chance they got out of the lease. Daytime is fine, with all of the places on Humboldt. Night time is ok too, just don't wonder around late at night or not in well lit areas around there, etc....

Shortly after moving you will get your bearings straight and you will see you have many better options not far from where you are.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:53 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,317,763 times
I personally find that area of Capitol Drive kind of ugly with all of the tacky looking strip malls and big boxes that line that section of the corridor. Along with most people on here, I would suggest an area further south in River West where it's more walkable and you're closer to other amenities such as the bars, cafes, and restaurants that characterize the River West and other areas of the East Side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee