Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 01:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,074 times

Advertisements

Can my wife take our two kids and move out of our house while I am at work? I noticed she has taken many of the kids cloths without telling me and am afraid I am going to come home and the kids will be gone.

Moderator note: Two threads on the same topic have been merged.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-16-2017 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 01:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,074 times
Default Can my wife take our two kids and move out while i am at work? Is there anything i can do about this?

We are not divorced or legally separated. She packed up most of the kids cloths today when I was at work then said she was going to spend some time with her sister tonight and left the kids here but I noticed most of their belongings are gone. What can I do?

Old 06-06-2017, 05:29 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Call a lawyer asap.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:40 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Yes, she can. And she's even legally allowed to. Have you filed for divorce and for the custody? Usually, whoever lives with the children at the time of hearing, gets physical custody and child support.

My word of advice - make it as civil as you can. Your best hope is to be able to still be friends with your ex for children's sake. But don't be overly generous, and don't be a wimp.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:56 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
And what do you want?

Return her and make her reconcile with you? - that would be unlikely.

Have custody over the children? - Are you ready to be a single parent and handle children needs by yourself (don't count on her money support, and don't think if you have money she cannot get half of it right away).

If you still have a good reason to insist on a physical custody... Hire a lawyer, file for divorce and temporary custody over the children. But unless she's really bad mother, or a drug addict, or something like that - I think you will lose at the end, and spend all your money in the process.

Try to convince her to go to some "divorce mediation service"... That would settle matters much faster and thousand $$$ cheaper.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:27 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Call a lawyer asap.
This ^^^^

Don't wait! All may not be as it seems, and your wife can take you to the cleaners. Your house is on fire! Don't sit there buttering your toast.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:31 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
I'm not trying to scare the OP, but years ago (in Milwaukee), my uncle went hunting for a week.
When he returned, his wife had sold the house and moved with the kids to Florida.
Long story short... it didn't end well.

You have to be very serious about handling this the right way.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:28 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh83261 View Post
Can my wife take our two kids and move out of our house while I am at work? I noticed she has taken many of the kids cloths without telling me and am afraid I am going to come home and the kids will be gone.
No worries, saw her at the Goodwill Donation center. Might want to get that slip come tax time.

If the above applies, great as you're just paranoid - otherwise call a lawyer instead of CD Q&A.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:50 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,097,483 times
Two things:

1. Do not ask unaccredited strangers for advice on such important topics. Instead, call a lawyer.
2. Why are you still reading...

Old 06-14-2017, 05:29 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,042 times
Its a sexist kind of deal, too. My wife (because she knew she was going to screw me by having a revised affidavit given to me on a Friday prior to our Monday initial court appearance - I had no time to respond) took my four kids to "an undisclosed location." As she had no more legal rights to parenting them than I did, I went to the police. But basically, they indicated they didn't want to get involved. They let it play out.

I 100% guarantee if I had done the same thing - taken my 4 kids to an undisclosed location, my wife would have involved the cops and they damn well would have done something about it.

Its a BS double standard.

Good luck man. I feel for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: