U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:06 AM

415 posts, read 807,455 times

Advertisements

I've been hearing alot about gangs in Milwaukee. Is it really getting that bad? I am starting to see alot more writing on buildings. I hear that the police are really cracking down on these gangs. What gangs are in Milwaukee and where are they located? A concerned citizen wanting to know. Are these gangs as bad as the ones in Los Angeles, and on the East Coast? I know there are gangs, because my husband is a Correctional Officer, but are they as bad as the East and West Coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:23 AM

395 posts, read 1,237,636 times
There are gangs in Milwaukee, obviously, but they're not out of control like in Los Angeles. The city police department has an anti-gang unit that is often held up as a national model of how to deal with these criminal syndicates. Read the newspaper and you'll read about two recent gang busts in the last few months, one on the north side, one on the south side. In a lot of cities, especially Los Angeles, highly organized and sophisticated gangs end up essentially controlling entire neighborhoods for years. In Milwaukee, we don't see that as much, partly due to the efforts of our police department, partly due to the relatively small size of the city. In general, the South Side gangs are more organized (and international, having connections to Latin America) than North Side gangs.

Organized crime in Milwaukee is not nearly as organized or heirarchical as it is in other cities. This is a good thing overall, but there is a flip side. Criminal activity in Milwaukee tends to be more loose and disorganized than in other cities. Individual criminal entrepreneurs ply their trades on their own, without the backing of a highly organized gang with national reach. This makes it harder for the authorities to track down the sources of drugs and illegal guns and other nefarious goods.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:41 PM

236 posts, read 423,706 times
Milwaukee has tons of gangs.Few,if any,connected to latin america.Most are connected to Chicago if they are connected to out of state gangs.Vice Lords,Gangster Disciples,Latin Kings,Spanish Cobras,Mexican Posse 13,C-14,Black P Stones,etc

Old 03-31-2008, 02:23 AM

232 posts, read 626,978 times
black gangs arent really a problem, dont bother themtheywont bother u

Old 03-31-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post
Milwaukee has tons of gangs.Few,if any,connected to latin america.Most are connected to Chicago if they are connected to out of state gangs.Vice Lords,Gangster Disciples,Latin Kings,Spanish Cobras,Mexican Posse 13,C-14,Black P Stones,etc

milwaukee kings too,

Old 03-31-2008, 12:33 PM

10,483 posts, read 9,710,697 times
Milwaukee has gangs just like most cities do, but if you live in the right areas, you won't be affected, same as other cities. Gangs are not something I would even concern myself with

Old 03-31-2008, 04:57 PM

415 posts, read 807,455 times
Wow, that many hey!!! I hope they stay unorganized, it seems that's win the real problems start.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:57 PM

762 posts, read 1,187,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
Wow, that many hey!!! I hope they stay unorganized, it seems that's win the real problems start.
GDs are always organized

Old 04-08-2008, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 17,448 times
Hi! Please tell me what the right areas are in MKE and what the other ones are!!!!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
GDs are always organized
no they arent! its not even about GD as a whole anymore you can go to chicago and see its every man for himself or his neighborhood he liveS in and gd's are loosely organized in milwaukee if at all, itys just so many claimers, you would most likely see gd's and vls in the same areas hanging out!

gang banging is not a problem if it was, the north side will be alot worse than it is now you think.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee