U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 07:32 AM

8 posts, read 9,376 times

Advertisements

Thanks Guys. This really helps.

Are there any good middle schools with large number of Indian kids?.

Another question on rentals. Is 2500 $ a good budget for a 3 bedroom house in these neighbourhood ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 08:42 AM

3,330 posts, read 2,501,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdel2006 View Post
Thanks Guys. This really helps.

Are there any good middle schools with large number of Indian kids?.

Another question on rentals. Is 2500 $ a good budget for a 3 bedroom house in these neighbourhood ?
You will definitely find something good for $2000 or less.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:23 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,213,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Kenosha? Pleasant Prairie? Burlington? - closest to Chicago.

Hales Corner, Franklin, New Berlin, Greenfield, Oak Creek? - closer to Milwaukee, less rural, definitely lots of apartment complexes and Indian people around.

You cannot really get wrong with either choice...
I'd go further than saying Pleasant Prairie is "closest to Chicago". In many ways, Pleasant Prairie is suburban Chicago.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:33 AM

2,567 posts, read 5,011,782 times
There are all good recommendations. If you seek a significant Indian population in schools, I'm guessing that your best bet among the recommendations will be Oak Creek and Franklin, as 7-8% of the population is Asian. Indian groceries, restaurants, etc. are in these communities or nearby.

Shorewood has highly acclaimed schools, but the village's overall population is smaller than OC and Franklin, and the Asian population is 5-6% of that figure. There is less access to Indian groceries and such, but there are many other amenities that OC and Franklin do not have.

For more specific info, you may want to contact the schools directly, or perhaps sign up with sites such as this one specifically geared for the area's Indian community:

Milwaukee Indian Community, Milwaukee Desi, Milwaukee, WI Indians

Old 04-03-2018, 07:26 AM

4,100 posts, read 2,318,472 times
edsg25, not THAT debate again Pleasant Prairie a "suburb" of Chicago... Well either way, have a great day! I spend more time in the Chicago discussions on city-data than I do in my own town of Milwaukee! Good to see a Chicagoan here though!... I grew up on the north side of Milwaukee, but unfortunately it is not the same great area I grew up in (sorry, it just is NOT). when I was married, I lived in Hales Corners for close to 10 years, and I will recommend it. It is safe, clean, the school system is diverse and a quite good school system. Currently I live on the border of the south side of Milwaukee/Greenfield. Greenfield by contrast of the very small Hales Corners is a larger suburb. The school system is fine, and diverse. Cost of housing is less in Greenfield than in hales Corners, overall... WELCOME to the Milwaukee area. Master Jay P.S. I teach Tae Kwon Do, so if you are interested in observing a class, let me know.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:47 PM

25 posts, read 73,369 times
Brookfield has a sizable Indian community and outstanding schools.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:30 PM

8 posts, read 9,376 times
thanks guys for guidance. Basis your feedback, i have narrowed down on oak creek, shorewood, franklin and brookfield. while browsing for rentals, i see most of the listed houses are old construction. Are there any areas which are being recently developed (newer construction). I am looking for a 3/4 bedroom house. thanks for the help.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:16 AM

36 posts, read 48,894 times
Of the four communities listed, you'll be more likely to find newer construction in Oak Creek and Franklin.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:32 AM

3,330 posts, read 2,501,794 times
Brookfield imho

Old 05-11-2018, 10:30 AM

381 posts, read 256,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
WFB stands for White Folks Bay... Not recommended
Mmmmm,wonder if it was BFB stands for Black Folks Bay...it would also not be recommended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee