Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:52 PM

29 posts, read 381,534 times

Advertisements

CCAP is the first website of its kind in the USA (per Wisconsin Blue Book 2005/06). There was a group of people that got together and put the site together and went live (according to WI Blue Book 05/06) on 4/5/1999 (I disputed this date and it turns out that after having questioned the admin agency, CCAP, they admitted that the county in which I resided in 1997, Brown, went live in 1997...not '99 as the Blue Book stated). Now, the group that initially put the website together and went live with it, disbanded (per WI Blue Book 05/06) and never gave citizen's rights to privacy a second thought. Then in the fall of 2005 (again per Blue Book 05/06) a director was appointed to oversee the website for privacy issues and citizen's concerns.

Now, don't you think that the fact that WI is and has been the only state to have such a website over the past thirteen years, would be reasons for concern when it comes to other state's citizens looking up WI citizens and taking advantage of them in various ways, e.g. employment, career, real estate purchases. Sad thing about it is that WI didn't take into consideration that WI are still protected under the came Constitutionally gauranteed rights as other citizens across the US. They are not a country within themselves or within the parameters of the state borders. When something is posted on CCAP it goes all around the world. Another concept that WI citizens simply fail to realize. It was obviously a concept that the original group of members that put together failed to take into consideration. Wow!!! I was weeded off a common shareholder list by GE, who's corporate is in WI and I'm sure whos board of directors are extremely familar with the availablity of data on CCAP, and used it to rob me of stock that I purchased in a company that dealt with airport security scanning equipment. I purchased into a private company on the west coast and GE came in and bought them out. But not without first weeding me off the common shareholder list. I'm sure I'm not the only one that this was done to through. At the time I purchased the stock I was working at the airport in Green Bay and it was just after 9/11. I wondered what would be a good stock to invest in and I choose to this particurlar company (INVN) in airport security scanning. It was a stock that I wanted to keep for years but one day I found a substantial amount in my brokerage trading money market acount despite the fact I hadn't made any trades or transactions. GE simply bought me off and gave me so much for each share, without any notice. Wow, is all I can say. I can go on and on and tell you the numerous ways that CCAP has been used to discriminate against me in all aspects of my personal and professional life. And here's another thought, if you are someone that has been trying to seek justice for years for something that happened prior to the CCAP going life on the Internet, and you have found yourself on the CCAP website because of perhaps bad choices you've made but have gotten your life back on track and want to continue to seek justice for things of which you were victimized prior to the inception of the CCAP website, GOOD LUCK!!!! It will not ever happen. And the more you try to pursue justice for things that you may have been a victim of prior to the CCAP website going live...well you will find yourself at a great disadvantage because the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IN WI WHEN IT COMES TO JUSTICE IS WHAT'S ON THE WEBSITE. Black and white. Anyone that has been victimized prior to the inception of the website is out of luck and might as well give up their fight for justice because it'll never, ever, ever, ever happen. Frustrating. Sad and truly frustration. Enough to make someone who has been victimized break down in tears of frustration and disgust with this state's inadequate oligarical judical system.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:59 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4US_Citizens View Post
[Blah blah blah rant rant yakkety ***.]
Holy crap, would you go away already?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:30 PM

48 posts, read 166,044 times
Default Vilas County & CCAP

Back in 92, I was involved in installing CCAP in Vilas County, as a test county.
The judge at the time thought it was a great tool indeciding cases. People could no longer lie about previous offenses in other counties. The judge had a screen open to ccap on his bench. it was intended for judicial use.
So now,
if you have ever been convicted of a felony..
been divorced..
received a traffic ticket..
been evicted from a residence..
lawsuit pending or settled..
money judgement..
restraining order issued or agaist..
landlords first step in qualifying potential tenants is CCAP
employers..first check CCAP
friends check on friends..
family members check family members
the list goes on and on.
Thank goodness, they took off the birthdate and social security numbers.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:34 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
And on it goes...

Old 08-16-2009, 03:01 PM

133 posts, read 191,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirited1 View Post
Wondering what the general consensus is on this feature provided by Wisconsin, which allows one to search anyone's public court records online.

I believe in the access to public records, but to have it this easy? It sure seems quite invasive and for what purpose, really? Most states require that an interested party go to the proper courthouse to request information, but Wisconsin's CCAP is so easy - you can type in names of people you went to high school with and see if they've been divorced, owe medical bills, etc. I just don't think that it's necessary. I feel guilty even having access to CCAP, like I'm peering into someone's personal tragedy.

Without any effort or cost, anyone can look your name up and see if you've been divorced, were pulled over for a traffic violation, etc. Criminal records appear as well, but even so, some of those read "case dismissed", but if you were going to hire someone, I think it would create enought doubt to not hire a person based on this information.

Perhaps a wiser idea would be if the online access would be available to only attorneys, police and government, etc.; otherwise, it really leaves the door open to discrimination for employment and/or rentals, or the person you were going to date, but not now, because you see they have a dismissed restraining order. Dismissed, but you'll never know what happened, so you'd assume the worst; I would.

I wonder...if an employer had a candidate, looked their name up, found this person to be in the midst of a divorce and hence decided not to hire them. Now, this is just an example I thought of, but if online access were limited, an employer or landlord would be too busy to go downtown - in person - to find out these matters (which are civil or family as opposed to criminal, and would not show up on a background check).

I guess my question is this: Are you are comfortable with just anyone knowing your personal court matters, and having assumptions made about you?

Interested to hear from anyone here who has an opinion on this or believes they may have been judged negatively due to an employer, landlord or potential date finding information about them on CCAP.

Thank you for reading and look forward to replies/thoughts on the subject.
I think it's terrible. It gives noone a chance. It's evil in my opinion. another thing about wisconsin is they will not let you expunge your records. They like to see people not get a start over in life. they would rather see them suffer. wonderful state, huh? I am not concerned for me, but I have a relative who was mentally-ill and is now better, and has to suffer through this.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:44 PM

45 posts, read 247,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Holy crap, would you go away already?
How about you go away, or post something useful you immature child.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:49 AM

Default Back in 92? involved in installing CCAP??

I am surprised that you say that you were involved in installing CCAP in Vilas County back in 1992. I read in Wisconsin's Blue Book 2005-2006 edition that it went live on the Internet on 4/5/1999. I wrote to the administrative agency that oversees Wisconsin's Circuit Courts Access website and asked them if their Blue Book dates were off but was told that the date of 4/5/1999 was correct. A few months later, CCAP posted an additional webpage that displayed the actual dates that each county in WI went live. I was correct in that it went live prior to 1999 but they wouldn't tell me that.

There is an assembly bill that is slated to be heard on Oct 1st, 2009 called the AB340 Bill. I've attached the bill and the amendment to AB340.

If you want to know more details about this hearing to shut down the CCAP website to the general public contact attorney Kieper, Cynthia (Cynthia.Kieper@legis.wisconsin.gov) or call her at (888) 529-0072.

She is looking for witnesses to testify at the hearing about how the CCAP website has negatively affected their rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsts View Post
Back in 92, I was involved in installing CCAP in Vilas County, as a test county.
The judge at the time thought it was a great tool indeciding cases. People could no longer lie about previous offenses in other counties. The judge had a screen open to ccap on his bench. it was intended for judicial use.
So now,
been divorced..
money judgement..
the list goes on and on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 09a0572P1Assembly_Amendment.pdf (15.1 KB, 338 views)
File Type: pdf AB-340.pdf (25.5 KB, 754 views)

Old 08-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Default Interested and want to know more!!!

I am interested in knowing more about your project in Vial County as the CCAP test county. Can you share more information with me?? You can e-mail me at 2009_mac@live.com

Thanks,
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsts View Post
So now,
been divorced..
money judgement..
the list goes on and on.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:03 AM

Annkathryn,
Thanks for understanding the dilemma that is going on in this state. Are you from WI??
If you are, would you consider attending an assembly bill hearing in Madison to express your views on how the website has adversely affected you or your opinions on the website with regards to the website not allowing anyone to start over or to allow them a second chance in life.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 AM

Arimor,
You're absolutely correct! What about people from other states, who are "dirty" as you say, that come to this state, WI, and use the website to victimize the people who are trying to make a fresh start. It happens. Unfortuntely, the judicial system in WI doesn't take these factors into consideration and didn't prior to the website's existence. Again, it's the first of it's kind in the nation (per WI's Blue Book 2005-2006) and it was slapped and posted onto the WWW with no regards for the rights of the US Citizen's posted at the website. The group, that put the website together in 1999, disbanded (probably ran and hid and waited to see what would happen next) and there wasn't a director appointed to the governing administrative agency appointed to oversee privacy issues concerning the website until the fall of 2006. Wow. Can you imagine how many people have been discriminated against by the use of the website to be judge and jury, over and over and over again over the years of the website's existence.

The website itself states that it didn't go into exestence until 4/5/1999, yet there is a post on this site where somone states that they worked on the installing of the installing of the CCAP website in Vilas County, WI as far back as 1992. Very interesting.

Check out WI's AB340 bill to shut the website down to the general public. Yippie!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee