U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-05-2008, 02:05 PM

160 posts, read 431,184 times

Advertisements

I found it interesting to see that Wisconsin is perhaps the most haunted State in the US. I also see where there are mentions of Vampires and Werewolf's. Do any of you want to ad your two cents worth?

Where are these three things supposed to be located? What stories can you all share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 02:26 PM

10,483 posts, read 9,578,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj7run View Post
I found it interesting to see that Wisconsin is perhaps the most haunted State in the US. I also see where there are mentions of Vampires and Werewolf's. Do any of you want to ad your two cents worth?

Where are these three things supposed to be located? What stories can you all share?
Don't know about vampires & werewolves but head up to Rhinelander for the Hodag

Old 05-05-2008, 02:48 PM

I just happened to turn the tv channel and it was talkig bout the Summerwind house, so I looked up hauntings in Wisconsin, and there was information on the Vampires and Werewolf's. I am sure there are stories in Oregon also, but since we are moving to Wisconsin, I thought I'd do a little research. I'm not into all of this, it is just interesting. I bet Halloween is eventful.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:52 AM

6 posts, read 18,705 times
I've never personally heard any incidents involving the above superstitions, and if I did I'd probably question the sanity of the person involved.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:21 AM

2,178 posts, read 5,042,435 times
Nothing to be afraid of.
It's just my mother-in-law yelling at her husband.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Nothing to be afraid of.
It's just my mother-in-law yelling at her husband.
Very Funny!!

I just thought it was an interesting tid bit. Every State has their own little stories, it just makes for fun conversation. I am sure we will enjoy Wisconsin, but I will miss my family, friends and beautiful Oregon. Can't beat the mild weather and outstanding mountains.

Thanks to all of you who have been so helpful with my many questions in other threads.

tj

Old 07-01-2008, 05:35 AM

100 posts, read 180,740 times
omg i hear you on that ok i do believe in ghosts but not vampires or werewolfs ... i suppose some people dream of being a vampire and yes every state has its legends ......its urban legends ...lol.....

Old 07-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Jev

64 posts, read 170,107 times
I don't know about vampires, but the Stevens Point area is supposedly rife with paranormal activity. There's a ghost of an old man who drags a dead body through a park. There's a boy who was killed in a wooded area on the edge of town, and he has been "spotted" running through the woods on various occasions. There's other storires about Stevens Point.

In Kettle Moraine State Forest north section, there's a Bigfoot like creature that has been "seen" running across Hwys 23 & 67.

The south central and southwest corner of the state, particularily the Mt. Horeb area seems to attract witches. They're not some stereotypical, conniving group of course. They're just like any other group of people practicing their religion. They must be attracted to the geography there. I've heard stories of "haunted roads" in this area of the state.

Every corner of the state has something for ghost seekers and paranormal junkies. I'm not saying any of this is real, but I'm not saying it isn't either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee