U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2022, 12:30 AM

38 posts, read 24,719 times

Advertisements

So I’ve had this insatiable urge over the last few days to find what the 2 houses I grew up in looked like when they were first built or at least prior to the years I lived in them. I’m 35 now, and we lived in our first home over near McGovern park from a year or two before I was born up to 1996. Then we lived in our New Berlin home over in Regal Manors from 1996 to 2015. I looked up on Willow and it looks like our New Berlin home was built in 1978. But it doesn’t look like there’s much history beyond that online other than pictures of the house from how it looks currently. There is, of course, Google Street View but that only dates as far back as 2007 and I already knew what the homes looked like then.

I was hoping to get some pictures as well of what the areas in general looked like and what was there before my house was built. It be cool if there was a Google street view of the 1970s, 80s and 90s. I well recognize I will probably have a lack of success in this endeavor as people didn’t have much as far as picture taking and videography back pre 2000. I know we had the big heavy VHS cam corsets and cameras you took to the store to get the photos developed. LOL sounds ancient by today’s standards. But oh well. Would be nice to see when the area stores and such were built and what came before as far as pictures if nothing else.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee