Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 09:57 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,242,892 times

Advertisements

Wow, how is everyone doing? We don't seem to get much contributions in the Milwaukee forum. In the last week, I think the last thing that happened was a thread getting CLOSED! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2023, 07:04 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,151,387 times
Yeah, this forum isn't exactly a happening place, but I check in from time to time cuz it IS where I live, and I look around on CD just about every day anyway.
As for me, I've seen better days (a couple of medical issues). Had a birthday 3 days ago, and got the most adorable video of my little grand daughters singing Happy Birthday to me, and then saying in unison "We love you Popeye." (That's their name for me.. a legacy from when my daughters had trouble saying "Grandpa" for my dad, and somehow it came out as "Popeye.")
I'm digging the relatively mild winter so far. Sort of like last year. Hope the next snowfall holds off for a while as my little Toro snowthrower is in the shop with a problem I couldn't resolve myself. Bummer.

Old 02-11-2023, 11:12 PM

mrkool, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I grew up on the north side of Milwaukee, but have since been married, and then divorced, on the south side.

I have kids here, so I stay in the area. But I spend most of my free time AND C-D contributions in the Chicago forum!!

Stay healthy, Sir, and enjoy the beloved grandchildren!

Old 02-12-2023, 02:22 PM

383 posts, read 391,669 times
I wish I could say I am living in and loving Milwaukee, but I am stuck living in and hating Charlotte! Going to be in the 70's this week and humid - just like every other day of the year. Can't wait to get back there someday! I just love WI! Enjoy the snow. (Sorry to butt in when I don't live there. I check occasionally to see what's going on in Milwaukee). Best to all of you!

Old 02-12-2023, 05:59 PM

gypsyjudy, good evening!

You are NOT butting in..In gact, you prove my point: As big as Milwaukee is, you see there are NO contrubutors here!

I only stick around because I have kids here. Milwaukee is lame. You SEE that really no one is on here. I spend my time in Illinois.

Nonetheless, Thank You SO much, for contributing.You give hope to the Milwaukee forum!

Old 02-13-2023, 05:35 AM

5,974 posts, read 7,363,448 times
Hey there, Master Jay!

While I no longer live in beautiful Port Washington, I'll always have a soft spot for it and southeast Wisconsin. Of the many places I've lived, the Milwaukee area and Port specifically have had the best quality of life. I can't easily quantify that, but there are so many things about the area, the climate, people, the general "vibe" that made it a wonderful place.

That's why I keep an eye on this forum, as I enjoy staying up with what's going on there.

Enjoy!

RM

Old 02-13-2023, 05:45 AM

MortonR, good morning, my friend!

Seeing your post this morning was the highlight of my morning, to go with my McDonalds coffee!!

Thank you for sharing, and on top of that, for sharing a positive note!!!

Much appreciated here!!!

Sincerely,

Master Jay

Old 02-13-2023, 06:49 PM

2,658 posts, read 3,854,752 times
Have not lived in Milwaukee or Wisconsin for 15 yrs.
Hi QOL quotient there, thats for sure.

Seriously considering a return. Fox Valley or SW part of state.
We will see.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:30 PM

ccjarider, thanks for checking in.

Wow, we get more people OUT of Milwaukee, AND Wisconsin sharing on this thread.

Hmmmm..

But, Thank You for sharing your thoughts.

Old 02-14-2023, 12:03 PM

machonacho, Thank you for sharing.

Have a great day! Good luck with the driving!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee