Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 11:18 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

If a family with children were to spend one summer day in Milwaukee, what are the can't miss places and things to see and do? I'm talking about a real, authentic Milwaukee experience.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2023, 10:29 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Depending on kids age and interests, but a good walk in downtown with visiting Milwaukee Public Market and checking the marina views on the lake shore might be a good activity.

Discovery World might be a nice experience for a kid. Milwaukee Public Museum is good, but if you're just visiting, you probably don't care.

Harley Davidson museum is a great hit with all boys from age 4 to 60, but not so much with the girls.

Old 08-03-2023, 01:18 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
We ended up spending most of the day at Estabrook Park and the Beer Garden there after a brief visit to the medieval St. Joan of Arc chapel at Marquette.

It was a perfect Milwaukee day! I got to eat a giant pretzel and a bratwurst and the beer was flowing! The kids had a great time running around the park while us grown ups drank beer and chatted. A vintage baseball game was going on at the park, so it was fun having that in the background.

Old 08-03-2023, 03:16 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
Estabrook Park and beer garden was a good call!

I'm born and raised Milwaukee. So my getaway city is Chicago, and its suburbs.

Estabrook Park is near UWM, where I attended college, as well as near the Tae Kwon Do school I am a part of.

The East Side was never really my chosen stomping grounds. But Estabrook Park IS a really nice spot.

I did some minor filming there with a Milwaukee based Director, Mark Borchardt.

Old 08-06-2023, 12:08 AM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
Just drive thru the city is treat enough alone. I am from Seattle, Milwaukee has really beautiful neighborhoods that look nothing like what we have on the West Coast.

The Downtown has this old charm to it unlike the hustle and bustle hurried mess in Seattle.

The Shoreline is gorgeous. Milwaukee is one of the most underrated cities in America.

Old 08-29-2023, 02:59 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
Is it ok to hijack this thread? I'll be visiting Milwaukee soon for a few days. I'm hoping to get there in time for Saturday's Brewers game and plan on going to the game Sunday as well.

hope to do:
Sunday or Tuesday: Lakefront Brewery tour
Monday: Labor Day parade/festival

I'm looking for advice on where to go for breakfast, within 1.5 miles of downtown/"walkable".

Pizza: Zaffiro's based on some older posts from here. Any other recommendations?

Any other food Milwaukee is known for that is a "must-try"?

Things I should see/do?

I sure picked a hell of a weekend weather wise. Oh lordy, I just checked again and saw that Monday will be 95. Well, too late to cancel.

Old 08-30-2023, 06:49 AM

PinaCarlotta, welcome to Milwaukee for your visit.

I noticed you want a walkable breakfast from the downtown.

Are you going to have a car? Or Uber?? I'm trying to figure out how far (time wise) you want to drive to go to restaurants...

Old 08-30-2023, 07:13 AM

5,976 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Kopps for frozen custard!

RM

Old 08-30-2023, 07:38 AM

MortonR, I remember when Kopps was in my north side neighborhood by N. 60th Street and Appleton Avenue.

Ahhhhhh, the memories!

GOOD CALL on the Kopp's recommendation!

Old 08-30-2023, 10:20 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
PinaCarlotta, welcome to Milwaukee for your visit.

I noticed you want a walkable breakfast from the downtown.

Are you going to have a car? Or Uber?? I'm trying to figure out how far (time wise) you want to drive to go to restaurants...
Hi, thanks for the reply. We'll be flying in and we'll be using Uber and walking, but I think mostly walking. So that means Kopps is out, it's about 6 miles away or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee