Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:06 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Chicago has lost a huge amount of companies and factories over the last few decades,but Chicago survives
Sure one might leave, but it seems 2-3 more jump in to take its place.
TOP METROS OF 2007 -- Site Selection magazine, March 2008
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 07:07 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,803,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Nobody ripped Milwaukee. The comments were made in jest because of a lame thread subject.

Is this what you are talkin about? A thread started by someone that lives in Milwaukee?

Do you hate people from Milwaukee

Wow the comments were so harsh...
How about ignoring the thread? There's a novel concept. It isn't as if it is the first time any Milwaukee bashing took place there or elsewhere. As I've said I've lived in both places and like everywhere else they have their pros and cons.....don't see the reason to either not ignore the thread or simply state, no there is no rivalry.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:48 PM

37 posts, read 57,304 times
Default the impressive alpha class world city of chitown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
How about the fact that Chicago is a Alpha Class world city, that might explain it.
I could care less what "your fact" states, or anyone else's for that matter.
I determine what is world class, as it directly relates to me...so if I state it is not world class...than it is not world class, for me. What the rest of this retarded world wants to think is its problem...not mine.

Furthermore...practically everyone missed the point of my thread anyway....which doesn't surprise me on this site. The rivalry I was in reference to was ECONOMIC, not sports. Milwaukee is in an economic rivalry with all cities to compete regardless of what it is. Besides, Chicago has NOTHING OVER MILWAUKEE...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. (except Gino's East).

<Mod cut: Calling out a moderator>

<Mod cut: attack>

Hell, you probably haven't even been to Biloxi yet!

Last edited by EnjoyEP; 07-22-2008 at 10:18 AM..

Old 07-22-2008, 09:21 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiloxi View Post
<Mod cut: quoting deleted material>[/i]

Hell, you probably haven't even been to Biloxi yet!
And clearly you haven't spent much time in Chicago. So you want to make this about economics? I love Milwaukee and have lived there in the past, but it's economy is just sputtering along compared to the massive diversified juggernaut that is the Chicago economy. Milwaukee's best chance for survival is to stop believing it's in direct competition with Chicago (it's not), and to take advantage of it's proximity to Chicago through better connections for the flow of people, goods, and money. "Riding the Chicago wave" is the best strategy for Milwaukee at this time, and the entire midwest needs to work together as a region.

Last edited by EnjoyEP; 07-22-2008 at 10:20 AM..

Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I could care less what "your fact" states, or anyone else's for that matter.
I determine what is world class, as it directly relates to me...so if I state it is not world class...than it is not world class, for me. What the rest of this retarded world wants to think is its problem...not mine.
Clearly your judgement isn't very clear on this issue. Have fun being the king of your fantasy land.

I hope you're at least a Packer fan...

Last edited by Lookout Kid; 07-22-2008 at 09:38 AM..

Old 07-22-2008, 09:36 AM

2,661 posts, read 3,859,347 times
Trying to get away from people like Mr. Biloxi is one of the reasons I left MKE for CHGO. Life long cheesehead - but at 47 finally just got tired of the old "I hate Chicago, where is my favorite packer sweatshirt" way of life.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:25 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
LMFAO

Oh boy.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,803,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
And clearly you haven't spent much time in Chicago. So you want to make this about economics? I love Milwaukee and have lived there in the past, but it's economy is just sputtering along compared to the massive diversified juggernaut that is the Chicago economy. Milwaukee's best chance for survival is to stop believing it's in direct competition with Chicago (it's not), and to take advantage of it's proximity to Chicago through better connections for the flow of people, goods, and money. "Riding the Chicago wave" is the best strategy for Milwaukee at this time, and the entire midwest needs to work together as a region.
No doubt Milwaukee has many areas for improvement. I don't think most people and leaders believe Milwaukee is in direct competition with Chicago for anything, and don't have this us vs them attitude that you may find in very small minute numbers of members of the population.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,714,750 times
Default Take that Chicago! :)

Milwaukee lands a company transferring from Chicago - so Chi-Town gets Miller Coors, but we get a company from Chicago too! Take that! :

JS Online: NewsWatch (http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=7/23/2008&id=43660 - broken link)

(And yes, Chicagoans, I am just kidding, although ANY company that lands in Milwaukee is good as far as I am concerned).

Old 07-23-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Milwaukee lands a company transferring from Chicago - so Chi-Town gets Miller Coors, but we get a company from Chicago too! Take that! :

JS Online: NewsWatch (http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=7/23/2008&id=43660 - broken link)

(And yes, Chicagoans, I am just kidding, although ANY company that lands in Milwaukee is good as far as I am concerned).
Uh oh, we're losing Dan Klasen and his three employees! This surely signifies the decline of Chicago.

All joking aside, if Chicago loses companies I'd rather see them go to Milwaukee than anywhere else! Or at least stay in the midwest...

America's Heartland in Cardiac Arrest &mdash; Global Strategy Watch (http://www.globalstrategywatch.com/archives/current-issue/americas-heartland-in-cardiac-arrest - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee