U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:57 AM

5 posts, read 13,569 times

Advertisements

My family and I are transplants from Steeler country...

We have traveled the world, and lived in several cities around this huge nation. Every town we have ever lived in had at least one bar where you could go watch the Steeler games, with Steeler fans...

Haven't found one yet in the Milwaukee area...

So, where do the local Steeler Fans go? I KNOW you are out there, I have seen the jerseys, hats, bumper stickers, Steeler Nation is here SOMEWHERE...

I saw on the internet sites that High Pockets, Game Time and a few others are listed as "Steeler Bars", but it is BS... They are just sports bars that show several games, with no sound for anything but a Brewers or Packers game...

I want to see the Stillers in 60" glory and surround sound!

Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 04:38 PM

31 posts, read 60,481 times
What??? Go Pack! umm... I have no idea where a "Steeler Bar" would be. but you'll have more luck walking into to any sports bar and asking them to turn on the game, (assuming the Packers, Bucks, Brewers, Wave, Admirals or Badgers aren't playing during that time.) Than finding a hardy crown of Pittsburg expats. Good luck though.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:21 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,975,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge.Runner View Post
My family and I are transplants from Steeler country...

We have traveled the world, and lived in several cities around this huge nation. Every town we have ever lived in had at least one bar where you could go watch the Steeler games, with Steeler fans...

Haven't found one yet in the Milwaukee area...

So, where do the local Steeler Fans go? I KNOW you are out there, I have seen the jerseys, hats, bumper stickers, Steeler Nation is here SOMEWHERE...

I saw on the internet sites that High Pockets, Game Time and a few others are listed as "Steeler Bars", but it is BS... They are just sports bars that show several games, with no sound for anything but a Brewers or Packers game...

I want to see the Stillers in 60" glory and surround sound!

Help!
Have you tried Pittsburgh? I've seen the occasional Lions, Vikings, and Bears bar, but never a Steelers bar in WI. I would highly doubt there is enough transplants from western PA in WI to constitute a Steelers bar.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,792,165 times
There was a past thread on this topic. I've seen a seeking a Steelers Bar in other city forums here as well.

As I suggested previously, until you find one, start with bars that carry the Sunday ticket and I guarantee you that you will find Steeler fans at those bars.

Sure a lot of places cater to the NFC North teams, especially GB and Chicago, but there are lots of NFL fans who go to bars all over Milwaukee to watch teams other than these two, or at the very least in addition to these two teams.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:10 PM

3,012 posts, read 2,911,761 times
I lived in the Milwaukee Area for years and although there are some of us Steeler Fans around, I could not find any one Bar to patron for games. 12 year that was. I do know one of the Marketing Guys from Miller Beer is a Pittsburgher. I met up with him once at a local bar by Pewaukee Lake to watch the Steeler Game on Satalite.

I could see that bar across the lake from where I lived. In the many trips I took to watch the Steelers on the Dish there, never did I see any more than one or two other fans...

Good Luck with that in Cheeseland.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 PM

399 posts, read 1,123,921 times
You can sometimes find fans from other teams at Buffalo Wild Wings. My husband has found Ohio State fans there, but only rarely any Giants fans like himself.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,535 times
I'm a Steeler fan moving to the Milwaukee area in September 2009. Let me know if you've found a Steeler Fan Friendly place! It isn't Sunday without Steeler Nation!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,311,330 times
There's one in St. Paul...

Old 07-30-2009, 02:09 PM

12,126 posts, read 14,261,641 times
Hope this helps...

Steeler Nation - Steelers Bars (http://www.post-gazette.com/steelernation/steelerbars_list.asp#Wisconsin - broken link)

Old 11-14-2009, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,306 times
Default Steeler Fans in Milwaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeNB View Post
I'm a Steeler fan moving to the Milwaukee area in September 2009. Let me know if you've found a Steeler Fan Friendly place! It isn't Sunday without Steeler Nation!

Hey.

My Name is is Craig and I am a lifelong Steeler Fan, I have put together a Milwaukee Fanclub Group on Facebook (Milwaukee Steeler Fans). There is a bowling alley on West Silverspring Ave the owner is Steelers Fan. What I plan to do is get all the Milwaukee Fans together on Facebook and then we can create a Steeler Fan Zone, maybe the bowling alley. feel free to contact me or pass my info to other steeler fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: